“Pros and Cons”

gbucky Seven Seas Voyager 3 Pros and Cons
gbucky
Member Since 2010
Overall Member Rating

This was our first Regent cruise, having cruised with Crystal and Oceania. Thought we would try an inclusive line although we are not drinkers so did wonder if Regent would be worth the price.

Overall the cruise was fine but not up to the expectations we had (maybe they were too high?) First impression of ship interior was "ho hum" Where in the world did that weird collection of art come from?

We did like our veranda stateroom on deck 6 very much. It was quiet, no odors. However, 3 times soapy water came up into our shower with much gurgling. Luckily not while one of us were in it. Loved the walk in closet and the mattress was divine. Our room stewards were excellent.

Food was good but not always great. Coffee in dining rooms was bad. Luckily the Coffee Connection could make their own coffee. Chefs do a good job with salads and appetizers. We ate mainly in the main dining room. Not impressed with La Veranda and was surprised that you can serve yourself. On our last Oceania cruise they had even buffet served by gloved staff which they hoped would be safer. The lack of variety of breakfast pastry let me to comment on it in the midcruise evaluation. The exec chef called me and asked what he could make for me personally as the food was dictated by head office. Food on Oceania was better. We did like that LaVeranda at night becomes an Italian restaurant. Enjoyed Signatures one of the two specialty restaurants.

Now for the Tea. Absolutely a laughable situation. Help yourself! Who ever heard of that. An after 30 minutes, trivia is played ! Trivia when you are having high tea? Needless to say we only went once. Saved calories I guess.

My husband and I like moscato wine with many of our meals and I learned they did not have it on board.

I think staff tried to accommodate me and someone went ashore and brought back 2 bottles. Certainly the 2 bottles didn't last the trip. Perhaps if I had requested it when we booked they would have gotten some. I had requested champagne in the frig and it was there.

Shore excursion staff were very organized and only one free excursion was poor due to guides lack of fluent english. Major problem is lack of head sets especially for walking tours. My husband walks slowly so couldn't hear the guides. I put that in my evaluation too and was told " we are looking into it". All they need to do is require the tour operators to supply them. We had a Virtuoso special tour when in Barcelona and the tour guide supplied them for the group. Being river cruisers we are used to always having them.

We did not attend any shows as we are early to bed people. But Terry Bishop the enrichment speaker, was terrific. He made history come alive.

So overall I think we will not be cruising Regent again unless food improves and headsets are available.

Seven Seas Voyager Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

656
Very good location, no one on one side. almost midship.
Published 06/23/14
Read Cruise Critic’s Seven Seas Voyager Review
Seven Seas Voyager Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?