“I should have read the reviews before I booked”
Cruise review of Costa Favolosa

Jiena Costa Favolosa 2 I should have read the reviews before I booked
Jiena
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating

Reading previous reviews confirms that our terrible experience was not an isolated occur acne. Firstly, the English speaking hostess was totally useless and did not care about the passengers, just about promoting tours and what she thought was her wonderful self. We boarded from Malta, knowing that it is one of the most beautiful harbours in the med. She chose the exact time of our leaving the port to have us in the muster stations doing a safety drill. When we suggested that next time she ought to organise it a little later so passengers could enjoy the harbour experience, she blamed legalities, which state these drills should be made within half an hour of leaving port, exactly Natalie, not whilst leaving port!

Reception staff were always very abrupt and annoyed that you dared to bother them.i agree with previous reviews, food was not appetising, fish previously frozen and bland and fruit tasteless. Ship to overcrowded, staff too pushy to sell you tours and next cruise. I went for a message & reflexology session and came out more stressed having to repeatedly decline from buying products forced onto me by therapist. They even have therapists near the bar in the evening, accosting you and not letting you move on until you listen to beauty treatments they have on offer. Loud speakers going on in the corridors incessantly announcing excusions. If they put as much effort into ensuring that passengers were having a good time, it would have been a great cruise for all. The lift situation is ridiculous. My mother is unable to walk up stairs and when we had to go anywhere an extra 15

minutes had to be added on most occasions.

The gym was overcrowded, never any clean towels in changing room, only 2 showers so a long wait or just give up and go to cabin. Pools overcrowded and noisy, never managed to get in. They have a wellness spa which looked more relaxed but all extortionately priced.

Costa Favolosa Cruises to the Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6397
Cabin was lovely. We had a balcony, which was the best part of the cruise as the decks were too crowded. Room was spacious and clean.
Published 06/05/14
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Favolosa Review
Costa Favolosa Cruises to the Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?