Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by mhedge

Member Name: mhedge
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Mariner Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Mariner Deck Plans
As Good As Expected

This was the best cruise I've ever taken, and I didn't find anything unexpected to complain about. The May weather was excellent. The only rain was while I was indoors on embarkation night and at the airport after debarkation. The waters were extremely calm. There were so many shore excursions to choose from that I feel I could take the same cruise again, choose different excursions, and have an almost completely different vacation. Almost all the local tour guides were excellent. There were almost never any lines and it was quieter than my expectations. There were always loungers available at the pool. The four shows which featured all the dancers were excellent. The food and restaurants were excellent. The only problems I had were with the pool grill, room service, and the omelet station were not unexpected and I believe had to do with language differences and having to serve so many people. I was also surprised that Coffee Connection had no chai tea since it is so popular. The most well-attended activities were the trivia contests. Activity points were given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners and could be redeemed for nicer prizes than any other cruise I have been on. I was disappointed that there were no lectures about the ports even though I had read a lecturer had previously been selected. The boutique was expensive, but I did find enough there to use up my onboard credit. The staff was extremely polite and almost unnecessarily apologetic at times. There passengers were just as courteous as the staff. Regent made my air arrangements and the seats and timing were good, flying Austrian there and Lufthansa back. I would estimate the average age of passengers to be 55-75, although there were a larger number of people than I expected in their 20's. As for children, I noticed only 1 preschooler and 2 teens. The gym and laundry facilities were good, and I noticed you could finish your business there even after their closing hours. It would be hard to switch to another cruise line after this experience. So will I go again? Maybe. I do like to do different kinds of vacations and it was more expensive than I am used to for vacations. But I did get what I paid for on this vacation.

Publication Date: 06/05/14
More Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Mariner review Read the next Seven Seas Mariner review

More Mediterranean Cruise Reviews