Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by palex9: Great overall cruise experience. Our 10th cruise.

palex9
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Great overall cruise experience. Our 10th cruise.

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

We have sailed many major lines over the last 25 years, incl. Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival, NCL. If I could only give one tip it would be to avoid any of the 'Mega' ships out there. We sailed the Explorer of the Seas when I was the worlds largest ship (did not keep that distinction very long). In a nutshell, once you go over 100,000 tons they pack way too many people on board. They add 'experiences' which only a few enjoy, such as rock climbing etc. and the food selection will not be as good or varied as on the smaller ships. Back to the Summit: Overall a very appealing ship even though it does appear a bit dated (even though it got a makeover just a few years back). Comfy and sophisticated, no garish decoration like some Carnival ships.

Service in the restaurant was excellent (kudos to waiter Satrian and his assistant Dollophon). We were always asked how we liked our food and could really order whatever we wanted. I routinely tried out 2 or even 3 appetizers. Matre-D More came by several times to see if we were all happy. Buffet on deck 10 was above average but not truly spectacular. Coffee was always to weak for my taste. Cabins were nicely appointed (we had an outside on deck 2), the mini bar was somewhat not cold enough but we did not use anyway.

Only gripe was the spa where they charge $25 a day for the steam rooms. Several of the fountains & decorations were not working and after complaining I was refunded my money. No hassle at all. A sauna with a huge picture window is in the men's chaining room - no cost. They even had free shavers and shaving cream - nice touch.

Disembarkation is always a bit confusing but was completed with minimal wait in one of the lounges.

For somebody in the 50+ age group it really does not get much better than Celebrity. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>