This May four of us enjoyed a seven day western Caribbean cruise on the MSC Divina. We booked balcony cabins and were very pleased with the rooms, the service and the cleanliness. The shows were excellent, the ship captain was very accessible and very communicative throughout the cruise. Andre was a great master of ceremonies for the trip and hosted all of the shows and kept people well informed. One of the great surprises on this ship was the very reasonably priced drinks, wines and cocktails. The "white night" during the week where everyone is asked to wear white was fantastic providing a very high energy night of latin salsa dancing, conga lines and guest appearances by the ships entertainers who are all great singers and dancers. The ship is gorgeous and very clean, plenty of rest rooms, easy to get around. You really get a great value for your money on this ship. The restaurants were of highest quality and the dinner service was always top notch. Food is good not great, but to be More
expected when a kitchen is serving thousands of dinners per night. Excursions were great as well
1) Very good shows. Same people every night but a different them. Short and excellent shows every night
2) Food, very good not great but restaurants were available to you as well
3) Beautiful ship, great captain, crew and Andre as MC. Smooth ride, you'll sleep like a baby
4) Gym, facilities, shops, night clubs all top notch
5) A GREAT value for the money
There are a few areas for improvement:
1) This is more of a European cruise experience, English is not the first language of most crew members so communication is sometimes a challenge. The few minor issues we had were worked at the front desk and for the most part were not successful. It was a bit of an attitude issue by the customer service people where "customer is always wrong" and that was not appreciated.
2) I had a problem in the casino where after winning a $900 bet, was told the maximum payout is only $600. I spoke to the pit boss who explained the situation, and I was glad to win $600 and did not want to spend a lot of time getting negative about what happened.
3) The flow of people through the buffet needs improvement, people are running into each other like angry ants on an ant hill. Buffet food choices were fine and varied at both breakfast and lunch. Plenty of pizza at night and ice cream in the afternoon.
4) In Nassau we were parked next to Norwegian Getaway and I saw the captains bridge watching with binoculars as the Norwegian crew enthusiastically welcomed their passengers back on the ship with music, red carpet treatment and jello shots. MSC could stand to learn a few lessons about providing better customer service to meet the high expectations of North American passengers
Overall an EXCELLENT experience and highly recommended. Less