Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by dnoel

Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: dnoel
Cruise Date: May 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
RENAME SHIP TO PARTY & LOUD SHIP!

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!

If you want QUIET this is NOT the ship for you. The staff is GREAT!

The entertainment is GREAT, but extremely LOUD. You can't hear yourself think. If you want quiet you need to go to the Library or your cabin.

We were NOT aware of Captain's night being the 1st night, which we missed. The Cruise Consultant didn't know which night Captain's night was, or WHO was the Grammy Experience. She SHOULD have known.

The free style food, NOT so good. Royal Caribbean is MUCH BETTER!

FYI! The Cruise Consultant told me that she & the entire staff spent 1 night on the Getaway.

She knew everything & failed to tell us the facts about this ship, which I will be complaining to the VIP. The pool is small & EXTREMELY LOUD! She told me that there was a lot of shopping on the ship. "Not true" for the size of this ship they ONLY have 1 clothing shop.

She also failed to tell me that if I wanted QUIET that there was a SMALL pool on the other side of the ship, & you needed to pay EXTRA to go into it. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?

The Magic Show was the BEST! And the steak was tender & yummy, which that was the ONLY great meal we had on the ship.

Carlos Bake Shop was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! It was VERY SMALL & NOT much of a selection.

When we went to see the fireworks, the deck WAS SO CROWDED. It's a HAZARD waiting to happen. They SHOULD have more than 1 night of fireworks, or NOT have them at all.

I pray that the housekeeper sterilized our room & removed the blanket on the bed. As I had to see the wonderful Ship Dr. & I ended up with contagious bronchitis.

Publication Date: 05/27/14
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by dnoel
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews