Marina Cruise Review by mccrearyg: Absolutely Steller!!!

mccrearyg
Member Since 2009

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Marina South Pacific Cruises

Absolutely Steller!!!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Tahiti (Papeete)

We had the great pleasure of sailing on Marina for her Islands and Incas trip for 17 days from Tahiti to Lima Peru. The itinerary was fantastic: Tahiti, Hurahine, Bora Bora (overnight), Fakarava, Adamstown - Pitcairn Islands, Hanga Roa "Easter Island" (overnight), and finally Lima.

I've been in the Hospitality Industry my entire life and this was the first time on Oceania and I spent about 18 months planning this vacation so with all this lead up did it live up to everything I hoped - ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Everything you've read about the food is correct - it is stellar. You know there's something special going on when the next day you think - wow the green beans at lunch were so good or wow the coleslaw had so much flavor.... When you do remember thinking about things like this? I could go on an on about the food but will keep it short it's fantastic!

The ship itself is immaculate and very well maintained. The pool and pool deck is very nice and there are plenty More of lounge chairs to go around not to mention that if you are in a suite you have access to the Canyon Ranch outdoor decks.

It's the people on Marina who really make it special: Rao our butler was superb and Melissa, Albert, and Mohammed our stewards were fantastic!!! Damien Lacroix the GM, Chef Alexi the Sr. Executive Chef and August the F&B Director were all fantastic and so passionate about making sure everything runs smooth for their guests.

We picked this cruise because of the ports of call. We are avid scuba divers so we set up our own dives in every port except for Adamstown (not available) and Lima. If you are a diver - Easter Island is stunning the day we went 260 ft. visibility! All the French Polynesia Islands are also incredible dives. Less

Read more Marina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Marina Review >>

Cabin review: Marina 8143

What can I say but we spoiled ourselves on the Owners Suite - and it was simply superb. At 2000 square feet and designed with all Ralph Lauren Home Products it was absolute luxury.