Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by k8tbug013

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Sensation with a broken leg

This was our second cruise, as well as our second on the Sensation. This time, I was a little nervous because I have a broken leg. From the moment we entered to check-in, we were whisked away, and quickly on the ship. I would recommend filling all paperwork sent by Carnival if you have some type of medical condition like I did, they were aware of it and as soon as we got there, everything was made easy for my husband and myself. We were sitting on the Serenity deck within thirty minutes of arriving at the port.

I cannot say more wonderful things about the staff and how concerned they were for me and my time on the ship. Each time we entered the Lido restaurant (the buffet) a waiter would come to me, fix my plate, take it and me to the table, and go back to fix my drink so my husband could get his plate fixed without pushing me and making a ton of trips.

When we arrived at each port of call, a member of the staff sent us down first and allowed us to get off before everyone else for safety reasons (basically so I wouldn't get pushed over).

I read so many reviews about having a cabin on the Empress deck was a bad idea due to noise. Well, the only handicapped cabins available when I called were on that level. We were in E65, which was right at the elevators. If you are at guest services looking at the bar, we were the second room on the right behind the stairs in the atrium. We were basically center of everything and I have zero complaints! Our house keeper met us at the door and explained everything to us about how I would exit the ship in case of an emergency, etc., etc. He was super nice and kept our room superb. He called us by name as we were putting our key card into the door. I was so impressed that he hadn't even met us, but knew our names.

The food was not as good as it was three years ago. The menu was not nearly as impressive, either. I was disappointed by our waitress, but I believe others were too and an awesome waiter took over our by the end of night two. Everything I ate was good, just not as good as I remember. However, the melting cake was still as delicious as ever!

This go around, we only did one of the comedy shows, and it was really good. Three years ago, we did the Love and Marriage show (which we were contestants on), the main show, and a few comedy shows. As I remember, they were all wonderful!

All-in-all I loved this cruise as I did the previous one! I would highly recommend taking a cruise with Carnival if you have a broken leg and really need an escape, they make it so easy on you and truly care about your time aboard!

Publication Date: 05/02/14