Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Luv2cruisewithtwins: Best cruise ever

Best cruise ever

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was my 10th cruise on NCL. I've sailed on many different ships in fleet. This was by far my favorite cruise. I sailed during spring break with a full ship, and was a bit worried, but, to my surprise, it never felt crowded. I have platinum status, so that also helped a bit with priority disembarkation at ports. We ate at the buffet each morning for breakfast. I never waited more than 5 minutes in line for a fresh omelette. The buffet was run really well. Extremely clean and plenty of staff around busing tables. I also liked the people pushing carts throughout the tables with coffee and juice refills. Loved the buffet! We ate at Blue Lagoon and outside by pool for our lunch. No complaints. Also, during breakfast one morning, the waiters walked around singing some songs like.... "hey, baby, ooh, ahh" fun and up lifting.

We ate at Versailles one evening, gorgeous room, yummy food and excellent staff. The rest of the nights we ate at the Specialty restaurants. Loved, loved More Cagney's on this ship. Just liked Moderno on the Star. Loved the Bistro.

I was worried about going on an older ship after my last sailing was on the Epic, but the ship looks great. The only thing I noticed that needed a reno was the cabins and balconies. The staff on this ship was super professional, extremely friendly, and well, I actually have negatives. Less

Published 04/28/14

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Mexican Riviera Cruises

Cabin review:

We had 2 cabins. A balcony cabin and inside cabin right across the hall. Worked out great, our cabin stewart was terrific. The rooms were nice and clean with plenty of closet space. Rooms need a renovation especially the balcony and bathrooms.

Luv2cruisewithtwins
Member Since 2009
211 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X