Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Luv2cruisewithtwins

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Luv2cruisewithtwins
Norwegian Star
Norwegian Star
Member Name: Luv2cruisewithtwins
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Best cruise ever

This was my 10th cruise on NCL. I've sailed on many different ships in fleet. This was by far my favorite cruise. I sailed during spring break with a full ship, and was a bit worried, but, to my surprise, it never felt crowded. I have platinum status, so that also helped a bit with priority disembarkation at ports. We ate at the buffet each morning for breakfast. I never waited more than 5 minutes in line for a fresh omelette. The buffet was run really well. Extremely clean and plenty of staff around busing tables. I also liked the people pushing carts throughout the tables with coffee and juice refills. Loved the buffet! We ate at Blue Lagoon and outside by pool for our lunch. No complaints. Also, during breakfast one morning, the waiters walked around singing some songs like.... "hey, baby, ooh, ahh" fun and up lifting.

We ate at Versailles one evening, gorgeous room, yummy food and excellent staff. The rest of the nights we ate at the Specialty restaurants. Loved, loved Cagney's on this ship. Just liked Moderno on the Star. Loved the Bistro.

I was worried about going on an older ship after my last sailing was on the Epic, but the ship looks great. The only thing I noticed that needed a reno was the cabins and balconies. The staff on this ship was super professional, extremely friendly, and well, I actually have negatives.

Publication Date: 04/28/14