Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by marc1976: Loved the Enchantment of the Seas!

marc1976
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Loved the Enchantment of the Seas!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas with my wife, 3 year-old, and 1 year-old daughters from April 14, 2014 to April 18, 2014. We stayed in an interior stateroom, in connecting rooms 4501 and 4003. We paid about $302 per person including taxes, fees, and gratuities. We visited Coco Cay Beach and Nassau, Bahamas. Overall we very much enjoyed the cruise.

Check-in was very quick and easy. The rooms were very clean and were cleaned sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a day. That was excellent service. Our older daughter enjoyed being surprised with animal towels on the bed. The AC worked great though the hot water was not very hot at times. The channel selection was good with at least two cartoon channels for the kids. They were decent sized flat-screens. We selected the cheapest cabins on the boat so they were small, but then again, who goes on a cruise to spend time in a cabin?

The pool was very large, and the water was warm. There was a nice splash pad area, but we did More not use it. My daughter and I preferred the use of one of 4 hot tubs. The hot tubs in the open pool area were not too hot and were mostly occupied by children, but there was usually space at any time for an adult to join in. There are other hot tubs in the adults-only Solarium if that is your preference. The Solarium was a great escape when it started raining. The pool was like a very warm hot tub. Towels were always available.

As for food, I was very impressed. We unsuccessfully tried to have a pleasant meal at the My Fair Lady Dining room, but the kids ruined it. Nevertheless the food and service was very good. They were nice enough to get our food out quickly. However, when my wife dined alone while I babysat, her meal was more relaxed and spaced out. The Windjammer had a nice selection of food options, and there were always tables available. Service was very good too.

I enjoyed the casino and I'm not just saying that because I won $106. They had a drawing on the last night for a free cruise for two for those that gambled during the cruise. The table minimums were only $10, which is very appreciated by low-level recreational gamblers like myself. There were also $100 minimums for those who like to gamble heavily. It was also open late. One drawback to the casino are the smokers who have free range to smoke anywhere. I understand the casino allowing them to smoke because of increased revenue, but maybe a non-smoking table or area would be nice for those who do not enjoy tobacco.

The destinations were great. Coco Cay had plenty of little beaches with turquoise blue water and a great BBQ lunch. Lots of chairs were available, but you had to remember to bring towels from the ship. I know it's very popular to hate Nassau, but I liked the charm of the old Caribbean city and Junkanoo Beach was a short walk from the cruise ship.

The staff was overall very friendly and polite. Some of them got on a first name basis with our children. Traveling with 3 and 1 year-olds was challenging to say the least. We did use the day care center for our daughter one evening, but chose not to use the nursery. My only major gripe with the cruise was the fact that on the day-long excursion at Coco Cay Beach, they only provided free refreshments during the time they served lunch. Otherwise you had to pay for a drink at one of the bars. One of the employees waiting on line to board the ship was nice enough to give our thirsty daughters a bottle of water. There should have been a complimentary beverage stand like they have on the ship, even if it was just water.

Marc T. Hardekopf Less