Carnival Dream Cruise Review by bigreid07

Dining 5+
Public Rooms Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Dream...big ship, small ship feel.

As far as the ship goes I really didn’t think the ship ever felt crowded…nor did I think it felt as BIG as I expected. It helps that they’re all pretty much laid out the same way. Plenty of chairs and spaces in which you can relax.

I LOVED our dining room staff and food. I thought it was better than my previous Cruise on Conquest (which I had no problem with either). I will say our head Waiter (Divan) was overwhelmed with too many large tables, but he did an amazing job, as did our assistants Toki and Adi. Toki is probably in training to become a Head Waiter, and will be great. The buffet food kind of seemed sparce…I feel like there used to be more options than there were. The Pizza was UH-MAZ-ING!!!!! Cant tell you how many I ate. The Pasta Bar was pretty nifty, too. I really really really missed Guys Burger joint though.

Our room steward on the other hand was atrocious. She never introduced herself to us, and our first conversation was basically consistent of her telling us when she worked and that she didn’t know if she could get me an extra ice bucket. They few times we saw her, she never talked or smiled, unlike the guys who had the next block of rooms. They were great. I almost tipped them extra solely because of that. I don’t really want much out of a room steward, but I really just didn’t care to have the feeling that we were bothering her. She needs some re-training.

We did the Discover Mexico tour in Cozumel, and I highly recommend it for $25. My mom has MS, and was struggling a bit walking, and our tour guide volunteered to get her a wheelchair and push her. (which was amazing that she agreed, because in the 9 years she’s had MS she has NEVER agreed to get in one).

Faster to the Fun as probably the best money we spent all week. Well worth $50 per room.

I love Embarkation and Debarkation in New Orleans. We've been through there twice, and it was awesome both times.

All in all, it was a great cruise. We’re looking at booking the Eastern leg on the Dream next year.

Publication Date: 04/27/14