Carnival Inspiration 5

Rocklin Cruiser
Member Since 2008
24 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My wife and I just got back from a Spring Break cruise on the Inspiration and after reading several of the reviews, wasn't expecting too much. We were very pleased that Carnival has upped their game and exceeded our expectations in all areas. Our sole purpose on this cruise was to visit our church mission team in Ensenada which builds houses for the very poor just south of Ensenada, Our daughter was on the team and it turned out to be the best port stop we have ever had on a cruise. Since the ship docks from 9 to 8, we were able to spend a lot time visiting the team.

So the the cruise was just a nice way to get there,,,, This is our 6th cruise, so we know what to expect and know what is good and bad. Since it was spring break, we knew there would be lots of kids, and there were, so we booked a room at the very front of the ship. I figured that would minimize the noise outside from the running up and down the halls. We only heard kids once, so I guess it was a good call. More

Ship - Very clean and the crew were always attentive and cleaning. The Waterworks area was very cool. I even went down the big slide a couple of times and the little kids thought it was pretty cool seeing the old dude going down it. Serenity deck was kept clear of kids and very nice.

Food - Everything we tried was great and better than previous Carnival cruises. Pizza bar was very good, and the sandwich bar is an excellent new touch since our last cruise on a Fantasy class ship. The main dining room for dinner was good every night and the service was fine.

Entertainment - the production shows were very good (maybe a little loud). The singer/dancers are very talented. We saw both comedians and they were both pretty funny.

Embark/Debark - Big improvement over a Splendor cruise we did a couple years ago. We were onboard in about 20 minutes, and we did self assist on the departure and that took only about 30 minutes to get through customs.

Overall I couldn't be happier with our experience. Either other reviewers had bad luck or are simply waay too picky. I would do it again in a heartbeat!! Oh, and others have stated on here, bring an extension cord or power strip. There is only one outlet in the stateroom and one in the bathroom. Less

Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

E7
Bed was comfortable, and the stewards were very attentive. Luggage stored right under the bed.

Published 04/27/14

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review

Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?