Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by PDXJAS

Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Number: M21
See More About: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Not my best Cruise, but not because of the cruise.

A little back ground. Our family had a rough year. Moving, Job loss, Cancer. We needed a getaway. A cruise. Spingbreak. Yes, it's a go. Invite a few family members. No one else can go. Invite Grandma from Michigan. Sure she'd love it. So it is set. DH,DD (6) MIL and me. Then we get a super rate and I call a cousin to brag about the rate, So we and her and her DH. YEAH we are going to have the best time ever!

Check in was a breeze. I thought. MIL wanted a wheelchair. Needed a wheelchair. Wish I had known this when I booked. Carnival was great. Sit here. Wheelchair came and whisked us away. Xray check of cooler. We need to check this. No they are with the wheelchair. We were with in the first 15 on board. Get my first DOD check face book while I still can and HOLY. My cousin, who has yet to board, has major family drama. I have major family drama. I know at this point the tone of the cruise will change. I will make the most of it and have FUN!

Stateroom Great! Service GREAT! Thank you Michelle DD loved you. Always greeted in the hall by name. Rooms super clean. Always made sure DD had her special blanket and pillow neat on her bed.

We had set early dining Mardi Gras. Service was EXCELLENT. DD had a shrimp cocktail most nights. Richard and his staff. Made us feel at home. Both DH and I are in the food service industry and thought they were amazing. Food was served hot. Waters filled. Great Job.

Catalina. Wish I could have explored more. I will be back

Ensenada DD,DH and MIL went to the blowhole. I hung out with my cousin and her DH. Had fun shopped and a few Dos XX. Waited for DD DH AND MIL to get back to our meeting place for over 90 min. Went back to the ship and found them. Again I will be back.

This is when My fun began. MIL~ Why can't I smoke in my cabin? It's too far to walk to the lido for coffee, how do I get it in my room? Call room service :) That's too much work. The ships moving make it stop. Michigan doesn't move I just want to go home. They moved the smoking section to paint. WHAT! Can't they wait to refuel the ship so I can smoke.

I want a do over. I know I would have had a much better time if I had not had to cater to MIL the whole time. I did not end up in the brig, even though I wanted to strangle her, after the 25th time of hearing say THIS IS MY CRUISE.

DD loved Camp Carnival and the water park.

Publication Date: 04/26/14