Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by rjc1117: 31st Cruise, 1st on Celebrity

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

31st Cruise, 1st on Celebrity

Sail Date: April 2014

Embarkation - We drove from Naples, FL to the port. This was our first cruise on Celebrity. The embarkation process was very efficient. We entered about 3 hours prior to departure and had no issues. We were on the ship in about 15 minutes.

Ship – The Silhouette is a an exceptional ship. There are lots of public areas and they all see seemed wide open. Othere than a long line for one of the Bingo games, I never encountered large crowds.

Cabins – Our cabin was great. When I booked the cabin, I was somewhat concerned. My travel agent had told me that the Veranda Cabin we chose was 30% obstructed. She told me that the lifeboat came up to the edge of the balcony. We took the cabin any way because of the rate we got and the amenities that were included. We got Pre-paid gratuities and the Classic Beverage package included. The lifeboat did not affect us and we had a great balcony area.

Entertainment. The entertainment was really good. It seemed that More they had brought some acts on that were not regulars. The all did an outstanding job. The music fit us well. We really enjoyed all of the entertainment.

Bars – We had no issues with the bars. All of the bar staff and waiters/waitress were outstanding. The classic bar package included all bar drinks up to $8.00. My wife upgraded to the premium package. It included Evian water, so it worked for her. We decided that we really did not need to upgrade, but, it worked for us anyway.

Dining – We used the Select dining program. We had not problems with it. We basically ended up at the same table every night with different people (sharing). The waiter was Peter and he and his assistant Wisley did an outstanding job. It was recommended to make reservations on formal nights, so that is what we did. It worked out great. Celebrity has outstanding food in the main dining room. We also went to the overview buffet and they had great food.

Services - Our cabin steward (Michael) was outstanding. He was there when we needed him and did a great job on the room. My wife injured her ankle on a tour and need extra ice for 3 days. He had no problem bring us a big bag of ice so that she could use it on her foot.

Tours – Our first stop was San Juan. We had been there many times, so we just got off the ship, stretched our legs and had a beer at Senor Frogs. At St. Kitts, we took the St. Kitts railway all the way around the island. It is narrow gauged and really fun. We had booked the catamaran back to the ship. Had a great time with good music and great rum punch. At St. Maarten, we got a catamaran beach and snorkel trip on the Mirabella. It was a great trip and the beach was close to the airport, but not the “airport” beach. The crew was great. They took us snorkeling, had great rum punch and beer, and provided sandwiches. I would recommend this tour any time.

Debarkation – This went smoothly and we were off the ship by 0930 and on the road. It is so nice to live in Florida and be able to drive to the cruise terminals. We were home in about 1.5 Hours. We live in Naples Florida.

Overall reaction – This was our 31st cruise and the first on Celebrity. It will not be our last. They are a great cruise line. I hope they bring more ships into the Florida market with additional destinations. We have 2 more curises planned this year, so we will continue to keep our reviews coming. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 6157

Catamaran Tour

This was a great excursion. We traveled around the Island and then took a Catamaran back to the ship, The train trip was great.

Scenic Railway

The catamaran had good music and good rum punches. We would take this tour again in a heartbeat.

We took an excursion on the Mirabella Catamaran. It was a good ride even though the seas were rough. The snorkeling was great as was the beach. The crew was outstanding. They served great rum punch and beer. They also provided sandwiches and snacks. I would recommend this tour to anybody.