Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by EasyBreezy83: Best Family Vacation on the Carnival Breeze!!

EasyBreezy83
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

Best Family Vacation on the Carnival Breeze!!

Sail Date: April 2014

During this cruise I was travelling with my husband, and our 10 year old son. This was my second cruise with Carnival Cruise lines, first on the Breeze, and fourth cruise in total and I have to say that this was by far my favorite cruise yet, and the family agrees with that statement 100%. We were traveling to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We were unable to stop in Grand Cayman due to bad weather that day, and Grand Cayman closing the port down, but Carnival refunded all money that was prepaid for excursions, as well as port costs, and also changed the days on-board itinerary to incorporate an unplanned day at sea. They took great care of everyone, making sure we still had a fantastic day, which we all did.

We arrived at the port of Miami around 11am after leaving our car in a parking garage and taking a shuttle over to the port. We reserved parking with a 3rd party and not with the port, and came home to a safe and sound car. :)

Checking in for this cruise More was a total Breeze (pun maybe intended). We left our bags with the bag people, went though security, and then found a nice comfy chair to sit and wait to board. We did not have FTTF, but we were on board the ship by noon. They got everyone on VERY quickly which was a pleasant surprise considering when I called CCL before leaving I was told boarding would not take place until after 1pm. Once on the ship we headed over to the marketplace to grab some lunch before checking on our stateroom. Lunch buffet was amazing! You HAVE to try the chicken tenders and potato salad! YUMMY!! We loved the decor of the Marketplace.. and the entire ship for that matter. Everything was beautiful. As soon as we finished lunch we walked around the ship to take in the sites, and then headed to check on our room. To our surprise the room was ready for us, as well as all luggage delivered safely. Talk about fast!!

We had a lido deck balcony.. LOVED this room and location. WILL book this floor again in the future. The Breeze did a great job with sound-proofing the balcony for the pool deck noise. You could hear the pool music when you opened the balcony door, but as soon as you closed it.. quiet. Room was plenty big enough for the three of us. King size bed was comfy for myself and my husband, and the sofa bed was great for our son. We had some noisy and grumpy balcony neighbors, but that was no fault of the cruise line itself. These things happen.

There are so many food options on this ship and they are all pretty amazing! Sadly I did not get to try Mongolian Wok or the Indian station. Time just did not allow. I did try the taco bar which was tasty, and Guy's Burger joint which I am sad to say I was disappointed with. I was very much looking forward to this and ended up getting sick from it. All of us got sick from it, and we ate it on different days, and from different burger selections. :( My husband and son had it on the same day, but ordered different burgers and both ended up with stomach aches and felt generally sick to their stomach. I tried it two days later (they warned me not to), had a different burger choice then either of them, and I ended up sick as well. Ended up missing dinner that night because my stomach just wasn't having it after that meal. It wasn't sea sickness either.. I've been sea sick in the past and this was NOT the same thing. So, try Guy's at your own risk. C-day BBQ was OK, but not worth the long line. I did like the pulled pork though. All of the other food on the ship was pretty amazing.

Speaking of sea sick.. this was the first time I did not have to take any medication for sea sickness. Not sure if I'm just getting used to sailing by now, or this ship was just that good. Doesn't matter to me, I was just happy to not have to take pills! You could feel ship movement here and there, but it was overall pretty steady.

We were in Blush for the main dining room (late dining) and loved it. Food was awesome every night, and our servers were great. Hopefully you will have the pleasure of being served by Leshter, Andras, and Wijaya; they made our trip very special, and took very good care of us. They really make you feel like family.

Side note: You are able to feel a lot of ship movement in this dining room, so if you do get motion-sickness you may want to take something before dinner just to be safe.

We loved how family-friendly this ship was. Sports deck was super fun.. all three of us did the ropes which was a lot of fun. Our 10 year old loved the water park area with the slides and spent a lot of time there. Camp Carnival was only used about three times because he said it was pretty boring and would rather spend time on deck. I think it was tough for Carnival to plan activities with his age range since the 10/11 year old's are kept with the younger kids. Its that 'not young enough for the little kids, but not old enough for the bigger kids' age.

Shows were pretty good. We really enjoyed the Hasbro game show. Our son was almost picked to play, but the girl next to him was called (she was the daughter of our dinner table mate) and she nearly won the show. It was very cute.

The "extra cost" items on the ship were not very pricey at all. Cherry On Top is great for the kids, or adults with a sweet tooth. Candy is very reasonably priced, and the kids have fun scooping their candy into their bags. We enjoyed the specialty coffee bar one night while on ship.. Two coffees, a HUGE slice of chocolate cake, and a HUGE cookie was only about $10.00, and that was with the added gratuity. I was very pleased.

All in all we enjoyed everything about this ship and have already started planning our next trip on board. I would recommend sailing this ship to anyone and everyone. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 10253

Very good sized room for a family of 3. Will try to book this area/room again in the future.

Beach Break

Spent the day at Mr. Sancho's beach resort.. About 10 mins from port by Taxi. Booked the all inclusive package. Very reasonably priced, and had the best time!! $20 taxi ride from the port to Mr. Sancho's, and that is including tip.

Cruise port is very small.. has some shops and options to buy tours. The locals here were very friendly. Be sure to have some cash for tipping when taking pictures.