Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by txagcol1: Overall, a fun time!
Overall Member Rating
Overall, a fun time!
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Overall, I got what I paid for from the cruise line. I see people complain about this and that and they forget the perspective of what the cruise was all about. It was a 400 dollar weekend cruise to Ensenada. From their reviews, you would have thought that they had purchased the top suite in a round the world cruise.
First the good:
- excellent stewards and maitre'd. The staff went above and beyond for all requests. Their service was prompt and they did everything with a smile. What people have to remember is that if you want respect, you have to give respect. The staff worked hard and did everything diligently, yet I saw people with no class treat the staff like they were slaves. Then, they wonder why their service was not good! I tipped my steward and waiter at the very beginning. From that point, they took the time to know my habits.
- food was great with a wide variety of choices. For a cruise that was only 400 dollars, I had everything from escargo to More lobster tail. The food was cooked right and I never had any complaints
- the port of Ensenada was kind of bland. There really isn't much to do in that city. I would recommend that Carnival seriously consider changing it to Cabo.
- bring an extension cord
- hire a taxi to see the blowhole. The excursion is a rip. I got a cab to take me there for 40 dollars for our whole group. That is versus the 40 each carnival charged for their excursion.
- The piano bar was where it was at. Special thanks to Billy, the piano player for working the crowd into a party frenzy. Also, special shout out to Robert for buying EIGHT rounds of tequila for all in the bar. I hate to see what his bar tab was at the end of the cruise. :)
- go to the serenity hot tubs. The regular pool and hot tubs were a zoo. Less
Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>
Cabin review: m81
Overall, no complaints. As stated above, there is a lack of outlets, so bring a power strip along the cruise.
Port and Shore Excursions
The Disney Wonder is an excell...
Disney Wonder - May 2016
So Good, Had to Do it Again!
My Mexican Riviera cruise expe...
Old ship, dated decor, thin wa...
The first, but not the last cr...
A Mediocre Trip for but a Fair...