Carnival Inspiration 5

txagcol1
Member Since 2011
64 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Overall, I got what I paid for from the cruise line. I see people complain about this and that and they forget the perspective of what the cruise was all about. It was a 400 dollar weekend cruise to Ensenada. From their reviews, you would have thought that they had purchased the top suite in a round the world cruise.

First the good:

- excellent stewards and maitre'd. The staff went above and beyond for all requests. Their service was prompt and they did everything with a smile. What people have to remember is that if you want respect, you have to give respect. The staff worked hard and did everything diligently, yet I saw people with no class treat the staff like they were slaves. Then, they wonder why their service was not good! I tipped my steward and waiter at the very beginning. From that point, they took the time to know my habits.

- food was great with a wide variety of choices. For a cruise that was only 400 dollars, I had everything from escargo to More lobster tail. The food was cooked right and I never had any complaints

The cons

- the port of Ensenada was kind of bland. There really isn't much to do in that city. I would recommend that Carnival seriously consider changing it to Cabo.

Tips

- bring an extension cord

- hire a taxi to see the blowhole. The excursion is a rip. I got a cab to take me there for 40 dollars for our whole group. That is versus the 40 each carnival charged for their excursion.

- The piano bar was where it was at. Special thanks to Billy, the piano player for working the crowd into a party frenzy. Also, special shout out to Robert for buying EIGHT rounds of tequila for all in the bar. I hate to see what his bar tab was at the end of the cruise. :)

- go to the serenity hot tubs. The regular pool and hot tubs were a zoo. Less

Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

m81
Overall, no complaints. As stated above, there is a lack of outlets, so bring a power strip along the cruise.

The bars were fun, but there wasn't much in the way of excursions.

Read 365 Ensenada Reviews

Published 04/07/14

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review

Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?