Celebrity Century Cruise Review by kllychpmn: Not great but good

Not great but good

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Los Angeles

after reading all the bad recent reviews of the celebrity century we were not looking forward to our march 21st departure date out of San Pedro California , and we had set our bar pretty low . As this was out 8th cruise and our first on celebrity we really did not know what to expect and the news that the boat had been sold instead of refit concerned us more than a little . After a longer than usual wait to board the ship to our surprise it was pretty nice and as advertised the crew was very friendly . We were informed earlier that the ship was sold out and we did find it to be crowded at times but showing up 5 minutes or so late for dinner and getting off the ship kept us from waiting in line. We thought the food was good , on par or just a tick better than Holland America and the shows were good as well . We found our cabin was smaller than on other lines and well used but everything worked and the wood was in good shape . Our room steward did a good job and we wanted for nothing . More The ports we visited up and down the California were ok but as native Californians we did not expect to be impressed . I do not feel this ship was much better or much worse than any other cruise line but I am told the ship replacing it is much nicer . I was told by our travel agent that celebrity caters to a 30 to 60 age group and I found this to be true and very pleasant . I would try this line again but I would not pay more than Holland America or princess to do so. If you are booked on the century for the 2014 season dont worry the ship is fine and unless you look for problems you should have a great time Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Century 4073

the cabin was well used but everything worked . The beds on Holland America are better and the cabins are a bit smaller on celebrity . Sheets were clean and the AC worked well.