“Dissapointed in the Food in the Dinning Room and No limes in the bar, ”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas

Chris K Liberty of the Seas 4 Dissapointed in the Food in the Dinning Room and No limes in the bar,
Chris K
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our 2nd trip with Royal Carib. First one was really great and the food was fantastic.

On this cruise the food in the dinning room was really not that good, and my grandchildren ordered Chicken soup and complained. I usually dont pay too much attention to their complaints, but I did taste it and it was awful. That is a pretty simple dish, and I have not idea how it could taste the was it did unless they got the dish water confused with the soup. Meat Lamb Chops were very tough and over cooked. Breakfast was cold. Toast was cold, and that is really tough to take. It appeared they were using some dessicated eggs for the scrambled eggs. If I had wanted that I would have stayed in the Army. There were many small things like that that were important to me. The food is really important to me.and my lady.

Now to the Bar. I live in Florida, and I know that there is no shortage of Limes, nor Mint. How the hell can a cruise line of supposedly this Quality sail in the tropics with out limes. I love to drink Mojitos. The first night out I was told there were no limes which just floored me. After we got out from Cozumel limes were back. But they then ran out of mint. This may seem like a small thing but when you are traveling with a 7 year old and a really bratty 13 year old, a drink of one's choice is really important and might be considered a safety device. and of course with out my limes I was worried about scurvy.

As far as the rest of the cruise, the staff were great, and the cabin was great, and getting on and off was not too difficult. The food in the windjammer was what I would expect from a cafeteria. Hard to get a table. but it was very busy.

The ship was really beautiful and is great shape and the staff kept it that way. A little hard to get a drink with out going to the bar my self and then there was always a line. With the ships pass it is a very slow way to get a drink. I did find a bar that was off in an out of the way space and that ended that problem except when I was at the pool area.

Between the bar and the food, Royal Caribbean is no longer my favorite Cruise Line. We sail for Panama in November and we will book with Princess.

This was my 8th cruise. My lady does not count my two crossings of the Pacific on a Troopship as a cruise. I do. Sure gives one a different view of cruising.

Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

D17306
The state room was really good. Enough room to be very comfortable and we had a balcony. I will never go on a cruise with out a balcony. Just a great place to sit and eat and watch the waves go by. The cabin staff was good and kept the place extremely clean. Bathroom were good, and large enough to be used. The ship was really nice. I have sailed on her sister-ship and this one had been refurbished. Nice Job.
Published 03/28/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Liberty of the Seas Review
Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?