Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by rookieblue

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by rookieblue
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: rookieblue
Cruise Date: March 2014
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Our sixth cruise with RCCL and yet again NOT dissapointed at all!!

We have been on 6 cruises with Royal Caribbean and every one has been fantastic! It was my husband and I traveling with my mother and step dad (their 2nd cruise, I think we got them addicted like us) Liberty of the seas was full of detail, excitement, great staff all around, just a great 5 night getaway on a great ship.

Embarkation from Port Everglades was easy as always, it is a great port to leave out of. We got there early so we could get on the ship as soon as possible to start our vacation. The staff was there all around to welcome you onboard (as always). We had lunch at the Windjammer buffet and it was so good! We did the munster drill and went onto the front of the ship for sail away, what a beautiful departure. The weather was perfect to go along with a great start to the cruise. We had the 6pm dinner seating so the timing of everything went as planned and we were ready to eat again.

The next day was a sail day and the wind was 65mph which made for some motion of the ocean, usualy doesn't bother me but it did this time but I had some coke and was ready to go. They had plenty of things to do and see that day as far as activities and games it was great.

Monday was Belize City which I had never been. We didn't do any excursions but we tendered to Belize and walked around and it was a pleasant surprise. It was beautiful and nice to see something/someplace different. We did some shopping there which there was plenty of places to shop at there. The tender boats were a decent size and took about 15-20 minutes to get from the ship to Belize, then on the way back it was a better ride and about a 15 minute boat ride back to the ship.

Next stop was Cozumel which we have already been there twice but it had been a while. There was a lot more things to see this time and some new buildings that were not there previously when we visited. Plenty of shopping, beautiful waters all around you. Getting off the ship was easy since we were docked right at the port. There were 5 other ships there that day so there was a lot of people but it was a very nice day.

Next day was the other sail day on our way back to Port Everglades and it was a smooth sail. We saw lots of shows on this day after packing a little to get it out of he way. The entertainment on Rccl never disappoints me, they always go above and beyond with the singers, dancers, comedians etc.

All the food to me was just as good as I expected and has always been on previous ships. Main dinning room was very elegant and beautiful and clean. Our waiters we had were fantastic, Antonio and Raj deserved a WOW card but they don't do that anymore, kinda stunk we couldn't have given them one. The bar waiter we had Ivan was so outgoing, fun and just a very sweet guy that made you feel welcome. The way these guys remember you and things about you blows my mind.

Our room attendant Antonio went above and beyond his duties to make us feel welcome and comfortable. He was always on top of his job and was very sweet and happy. Always said good morning and goodnight. If he was in the hallway and we were walking to the cabin he would open the door for us, never had that before.

Publication Date: 03/28/14