Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Pat78: A very nice week

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A very nice week

Sail Date: February 2014

My wife and I sailed on the Reflection on Feb. 22. We had actually beenon the same cruise this time last year. This was our 2nd cruise on Celebrity and 6th overall. I think that it is a bit helpful to know a little about the person who is writing the review. We are a couple in our mid 50s, professional jobs, from Connecticut. Most of the people whom we met were from the midwest, northern US, and Canada. All very pleasant.

We flew down Saturday morning and landed at 9AM. The Miami airport is so much nicer than Ft. Lauderdale. We were at the ship at 10:30 and were on board at 11:00. What a strange feeling to be on such a large ship with almost no one esle onboard! Bags arrived in the afternoon. No problems.

Room: We had Aquaclass, having had Concierge last year. We were on level 12, I think, very near the front of the ship, starboard. There was an inside staircase very near to our room which led to the spa and gym. Room was fine, storage was adequate, could have been a More bit larger. Bathroom was excellent, had a little step for leg shaving , I believe. Balcony was fine. There was a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival, and canapes each afternoon. Room attendants were excellent.

Drink: We purchased the soda package but not the liquor deal, as we felt that to be over-priced and worried that we would drink too much just to get our money's worth. Our habit was to go to the martini bar around 6 each night. Drinks were large and service was good.

Food: For breakfast I went to the buffet, usually around 7:30. Very good selection, and good service. Hash browns could be better, but omelets and bacon and english muffins all just fine. Luch was generally a hamburger or hot dog at the Mast, or maybe pasta at the buffet. For dinner we ate at Blu, which was, with one exception, excellent. Not a huge menu, but very good. I was a little worried about the "spa" type dining, but it was justy regular food, very well done. On one night though, our server brought me the wrong entree, not once, but twice, before finally getting it right on the third try. Had we been at a restuarant at home, there would have been no tip. I reported this to the maitre d', and expected that there would have been some follow up, but heard nothing.

Gym: We both went almost every day. There are 17 treadmills, which was usually enough, and a variety of step climbers, weights, etc. One treadmill was borken. There were towels, both chilled and room temperature. All in all fine.

Casino: Never went into the casino, other than to walk through it to go somewhere else. Smelled bad.

Entertainment: There was a show which was based upon a "Classic Rock" theme which we had seen last year. However, the acrobats and contortionists were outstanding. The orchestra was also excellent. On another night there was a woman singer who has performed in London, and she was also excellent. There was a woman nemed Brandi Page who played guitar in the Ensemble lounge a few times who we went out of our way to see. Great. The ship band, Vibe, which often played in the atrium, was lousy. Equivalent of a poor wedding band or a high school garage band. Avoid.

Pools: Not really very much in the way of pools. Lots of chairs.

Ship: Spotless. Crew works very hard and was without exception very pleasant.

Spa: My wife had a massage and I had a haircut. Both were expensive, but good quality.

Fellow passengers: Certainly an older crowd. Few people in their 20's. Mostly 40 and up. Generally well-dressed for Fomal night except for the occasional clown who "doesn't wear ties". Also there was some kind of gathering involving the Oak Ridge Boys, which the ship never acknowledged. I believe that they were on board and there were special functions for their fans.

Ports: San Juan, we toured the forts. Nice. St. Thomas, we took a catamaran ride to St. John and went snorkeling. Fun. St Maarten went to the beach. Interesting note: we bought a bottle of vodka and one of gin for about half price as at home. On boarding the ship we put them in a bag and ran it through the x-ray expecting that it would be taken and given back at the end of the cruise. They didn't take it, and we took it to our cabin, but did not drink it until we got home.

Embarkation: No problems. Chose the option to have our bags delivered directly to the airline, which went fine.

Summary: A very good time and will likely sail again next year with Celebrity. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>