Costa Serena Cruise Review by Moon&thestarz: Worst Cruise Ever!

Moon&thestarz
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Costa Serena Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Worst Cruise Ever!

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Do not chose this cruise line. Regardless of the price. I beg you. There are too many excellent cruise lines. This is not one of them.

First, the embarkation process. This was a total disaster. There were no announcements made. There was an "information" line, in which I spent 45 minutes. She checked my documents, and and was told to wait here. It was immediately apparent that there was no purpose to the line. We then saw numerous people walking outside the building, in a pouring rain, with their luggage. We followed. There was confusion once in this new building. After some help from Italian speaking passengers, we got luggage tags, which we put on our luggage, along with a number (6), presumably for another line. We then followed them into the previous building, again in the pouring rain, with our number 6. Number one was called, and all passengers, regardless of their number (1 to 10), lined up, with pushing and shoving. We lined up as well. This was more of a free for all More than an orderly process. Costa does this every week. I should have taken this to be a warning of things to come.Suffice it to say, things went downhill from here.

We only met our cabin person on the last day of the 12 day cruise, and only by happenstance. We went back to the cabin to grab something at the request of another passenger, and ran into the cabin steward. I am unclear how this happens. We have always known our cabin people from day 1.

Next was dinner. After waiting 1/2 hour, we were provided a menu. We were then asked what we wanted to drink. I said coffee. The reply was that I would need to go up to deck 5, and purchase it, and bring it back down. At this point, after waiting for so long, and the coffee thing, we spoke with the person at the front desk. He said that the long wait was due to the muster drill. I said that all the tables around us were being served, and were on the main course, so this was not the reason. He then repeated the muster drill explanation, only louder. As if I would then understand. We ended up leaving in frustration. We thought we could go to the buffet, but there is no buffet for dinner.

We also tried to call the front desk, several times, and they didn't answer. On one call, we gave them 45 minutes. We were forced to dress, and go stand in line at the front desk to get answers to our questions.

I could go on and on. I think you catch the drift.

When you work hard, you expect and deserve a great vacation. You won't find it here. Less

Read more Costa Serena cruise reviews >>