Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by snowgirl42: Duped

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Duped

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

My husband and I decided to take a cruise after 20 years and do I feel stupid. I saw the add for free balcony upgrades and thought GREAT. well that didn't happen. We got one of the poorest rooms on the ship. We did an excursion every day and in all was very disappointed. We went to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya.

In Cozumel we did the zip line, not what we expected at all it was fun but we just went from tower to tower. Not worth the money. Don't plan on walking down the street of Cozumel because you are accosted by people wanting you to go in there shops and buy, and spend.

Belize was very dirty. We did the air boat ride hoping to see some wild life and didn't see much of anything. On the pier we waited for the tended to return to the boat (about 80 % of the passengers were over 55) there was a tent with chairs. It was about 90 out and we wanted to sit for a minute. We were treated like trash because it was a VIP area and security almost got physical with More us and would not let us sit; even though no other passengers were there.

Roatan was nice and we did the nature and archeology tour. We did see spider monkeys which was fun but all the ruins were reproductions which was disappointing.

Costa Maya we did the snuba which sounded fun, but save your money. We just walked off the beach and say trash and garbage with a few fish in the water.

Be prepared that with every excursion even though you pay for them they also expect a tip, even the bus driver.

The food on the ship was very good but be prepared to wait to get into the two main dinning rooms.

All in all I wished I had saved my money. I feel like an idiot thinking this would be fun. NEVER AGAIN Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel 4512

I was promised an upgraded, so I was just disappointed in the room. very small

Air Boat Tour

(1)

didn't see much wildlife. the city is very dirty

Snuba Diving

(1)

took us right off the beach and just saw trash and garbage with a few fish

Zip-lining

(1)

Not exciting at all. Just went from tower to tower

Gumbalina Park

(3)

saw spider monkeys but all the archeology was reproductions