Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by oleRuss: Return cruiser and dissappointed!

oleRuss
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Return cruiser and dissappointed!

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

We have waited for the coldest part of the winter for us, to go warm up. The start was a disaster! We got to the pier about a half hour before we were suppose to start going aboard. We were advised by phone that the ship was not due to dock for several hours, due to fog. Okay, we know Mother Nature makes the rules. Well after the ship docked, we started the normal boarding process. After over 8 hours of waiting, we were herded into a large area to wait again. At least those with special needs were put on board sooner. From there it was one struggle after another. The buffet that is usually open all day and night was only opened for specific times. They had a little snack cafe on deck 5 that was overwhelmed almost all the time. As usual the drinks were watered and expensive. Beer is beer so that much was normal. The entertainment was so so, not as good as other cruises. The ice shows were the better of the evening entertainment and enjoyed them. They had put a wave rider on the rear More deck for adventurous folks which was a nice touch too. Loved the rock climbing wall too.

As usual the staff are the best part of the cruise. Our cabin steward, Sammy, was very accommodating and attentive to our wishes. The dining staff were great as usual and the meals were smaller, but good portions, you can always have more. Less waste, so it is a good idea. Great company at our dinning table and through out the cruise. The only problem was a couple that kept cutting in line to exit at port, while the rest of us waited in lines, again. I had enough and called them on it and they got back in line since they were not better than the rest of us. I hope you read this, you two. She was Hispanic and he was Anglo. I saw this a lot in 3rd world countries where they know we have more respect for our ladies than they do. They send them ahead in line and then walk up and start a conversation with someone.

One other fact. is in this age, the internet service you purchase, is slow as dial up. I tried to down load a book on my kindle and for half an hour, it would not download. Oh, they said they internet at that time was down, but I did not get a credit for my time attempting to use the internet. Heads up here too.

I will think hard before I look at Royal Caribbean for our next cruise. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Deck 2 this time

Room was always clean and spotless. The large window would have been nicer if it had been cleaned this month.

Zipline Adventure

Best zip line in the Caribbean! The guides were knowledgeable and helpful for all. It is the best commercial one I have been on. High, long through the canopy and down low too. Water for us on the way. A cold beer when we got through!