Paul Gauguin Cruise Review by mk960072

Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: A
See More About: Paul Gauguin Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Paul Gauguin Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Paul Gauguin Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Paul Gauguin Deck Plans
Wonderful cruise with wonderful staff

This is by far the more economical way to see French Polynesia as food is very expensive throughout FP. Additionally, I was able to see more FP islands as well as the Cook Islands which would have never been able to see. We considered Oceania but my husband wanted to begin and end our cruise in Papeete. We reserved a balcony room with a Butler so we could have a bar set up in the room. The staff were super attentive and treated us by name from day one. They also learned the cocktails we liked for dinner and would offer those each night. In fact, one server ordered one drink for me our first night and didn't see him for a day or two. When I went back for dinner and he saw me, he asked if I wanted a Cosmo. Wow, I couldn't believe he remembered not only the drink name but how I wanted it made with Cointreau.

We loved the face alcohol was included as well as gratuities. My only suggestion to the cruise line would be to eliminate the overnight stay in Bora Bora and Moorea so that we could visit another island. There wasn't enough to do in either for two days, and while beautiful, it was a little slow on those days for us. We hardly left the ship as there wasn't anything else to do in either locale.

We were in room 806 and the rooms are super quiet. They have a block party early in the cruise to help passengers get to know others on their floor. This is one of the only cruises I Have ever been on where passengers got to know one another on a deeper level than just casual greetings in passing. Take the splurge and see this gorgeous local with a staff that will enrich your experience. Also, the cruise does a good job of providing Polynesian education of their culture so you have a opportunity to learn how or tie pareos, learn how they dance and see them perform numerous times, and make bracelets, placemats, etc. we truly enjoyed the opportunity to learn about the culture while there.

Publication Date: 02/17/14