Paul Gauguin Cruise Review by mk960072: Wonderful cruise with wonderful staff

mk960072
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Paul Gauguin South Pacific Cruises

Wonderful cruise with wonderful staff

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This is by far the more economical way to see French Polynesia as food is very expensive throughout FP. Additionally, I was able to see more FP islands as well as the Cook Islands which would have never been able to see. We considered Oceania but my husband wanted to begin and end our cruise in Papeete. We reserved a balcony room with a Butler so we could have a bar set up in the room. The staff were super attentive and treated us by name from day one. They also learned the cocktails we liked for dinner and would offer those each night. In fact, one server ordered one drink for me our first night and didn't see him for a day or two. When I went back for dinner and he saw me, he asked if I wanted a Cosmo. Wow, I couldn't believe he remembered not only the drink name but how I wanted it made with Cointreau.

We loved the face alcohol was included as well as gratuities. My only suggestion to the cruise line would be to eliminate the overnight stay in Bora Bora and Moorea so that More we could visit another island. There wasn't enough to do in either for two days, and while beautiful, it was a little slow on those days for us. We hardly left the ship as there wasn't anything else to do in either locale.

We were in room 806 and the rooms are super quiet. They have a block party early in the cruise to help passengers get to know others on their floor. This is one of the only cruises I Have ever been on where passengers got to know one another on a deeper level than just casual greetings in passing. Take the splurge and see this gorgeous local with a staff that will enrich your experience. Also, the cruise does a good job of providing Polynesian education of their culture so you have a opportunity to learn how or tie pareos, learn how they dance and see them perform numerous times, and make bracelets, placemats, etc. we truly enjoyed the opportunity to learn about the culture while there. Less

Read more Paul Gauguin cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Paul Gauguin Review >>

Cabin review: Paul Gauguin 806

Room was nice, showed some wear and tear which I expected. The bathtub was a bit smaller than I expected as well as the overall size of the bathroom, but Giselle and Shernan took such good care of us. The overall size of the room and balcony where we seems a lot of time was wonderful.