“World class service”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I'm a somewhat regular cruiser but this was my first time on PG. I gave a lot of consideration to Oceana because my wife and I had thoroughly enjoyed a Mediterranean cruise with them but was hoping for a younger demographic for our belated honeymoon. A good call on the demographic--we met couples of all ages and left the boat with more than the ephemeral "cruise friendships".

Although the cuisine on both were truly exceptional, that would be the only area I would give Oceana a slight edge only because Oceana cuisine is perhaps the best of any cruise line. The service on PG was at a super luxe level. If you wanted a second order of lobster, it showed up as if by magic. Another order of lamb chops for breakfast, et voila! The picnic brunch at the lovely private atol off of Tahaa exemplified the overall experience. They tendered the entire boat out to a magically beautiful island where we got to snorkel over the reefs, had our drinks delivered to us from the swim up bar and ate a magnificent meal which went way beyond expectations. Poisson cru on a deserted island while being serenaded by the Tahitian dancers, all included in the base cruise price? It doesn't get any better. This would have been a great cruise on the Sacramento delta, but spread out over 11 days and the verdant motus and lagoons of the South Pacific it yielded a lifetime of memories.

Paul Gauguin Cruises to the South Pacific
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

324
The cabin was nice, good value
Published 02/12/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Paul Gauguin Review
Paul Gauguin Cruises to the South Pacific
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?