Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by doc10261881: Could have been better, could have been worse (Aft balcony, room 7430)

doc10261881
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Could have been better, could have been worse (Aft balcony, room 7430)

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

First of all, a cruise is what you make of it. That said, I did have higher expectations of a ship that had gone through an extensive renovation to be in better condition that what it was. Previous posters re-affirmed what I saw, worn varnish on wood and especially in the elevators, there is no way they could have been worn down that fast since the ship was reinstated. A few things of note:

FTTF - We had purchased FTTF and can honestly say I don't know if it was worth it. Seemed worth it to get on and to get help at Guest Services, but debarkation, it seemed like we were waiting for a long time to get off the ship.

Room - We had Aft balcony, room 7430. This was definitely disappointing. We brought drinks and they had no refrigerator and an old tube television. Not that you spend a whole lot of time in your room, but in the balcony rooms you do a little bit more, to relax, read a book, etc. during the days at sea. The refrigerator was most disappointing because I like More my sodas cold, we went to guest services and they said the refrigerators are for people with medicine. Wish refrigerators would be standard in the rooms, they have plenty of room to put one in.

Food - Guy's Burgers, FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Didn't eat at Blue Iguana, but my Bro-in-law was not impressed with their fish tacos. The buffet was adequate, nothing spectacular. Wish the Triumph had a steak restaurant, other than that, couldn't complain too much about the food.

Entertainment - This has improved tremendously, they are almost comparable to Vegas style shows, which they are touting. The usual entertainment shows are still there, but they have enhanced their other shows too. And now with the recent announcement of concerts, Carnival is becoming top-notch with entertainment.

Overall, it was a good experience. Nothing to complain about that would drive me away from Carnival. We did book another cruise while onboard so I wasn't disappointed that much, just a few things could have been better. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Empress 7430

We had Aft balcony, room 7430. This was definitely disappointing. We brought drinks and they had no refrigerator and an old tube television. Not that you spend a whole lot of time in your room, but in the balcony rooms you do a little bit more, to relax, read a book, etc. during the days at sea. The refrigerator was most disappointing because I like my sodas cold, we went to guest services and they said the refrigerators are for people with medicine. Wish refrigerators would be standard in the rooms, they have plenty of room to put one in.