Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Touringc

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Touringc
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: Touringc
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 6.0

Mixed emotions

I took my daughter and 3 grand kids on this cruise the week prior to Christmas. San Juan airport was very busy but pleasantly efficient . The terminal looked daunting yet moved quickly. We arrived about 2:30 pm and were immediately given our room keys. Within minutes our room attendant was explaining the room,and asking if we would like anything. I believe his name was Simone and he was incredible throughout our trip!

The room itself was very clean,could use updating,but was roomy&comfortable.

The food was very good. We had a set dining hour and the same waiter which we usually prefer. This is odd to me because our waiter was efficient,helpful,yet we found a huge lack of personality. The head waiter saved the dining experience.

My only complaint concerning the food was no food stations like fresh omelet stations,pasta . Also the lunch choices were minimal at the windjammer.

We were at sea only one day and loved the ports and the excursions offered. However because it was a port intensive trip the entertainment during the day and afternoon was extremely limited.

A huge point of concern to us was the kids wanted to ice skate. There were only 2 open skate days . We missed the first one and when we showed up for the second we were chastised for trying to sneak into an ice show they suddenly scheduled solely for the Puerto Rican population. We understood that was the major ship population,yet feel we paid top dollar for our tickets yet got shortchanged.

My grand daughters were celebrating their 16 th birthday and at the last minute the spa staff fit an appointment in to do the girls hair in an updo. I really appreciated them fitting the girls in yet one of the girls asked for no hair to be left out of the updo. She was heartbroken when 2 small strands were left loose. Unfortunately she didn't say anything to stylist and came to the room crying instead. We reassured grand daughter it was an easy fix and went directly back to spa. Unfortunately it was a huge deal to spa stylist who refused to fix the two small strands until 730pm. That would have meant she couldn't get her pictures at dinner at 6 pm and the ships pictures we had planned for at 7pm. The last thing I wanted was tears from my grand daughter on her special day. Thank goodness her mom calmed her and was able to fix it in time for photos.

The ship took it among themselves to sing Happy Birthday to the girls and it was lovely and special.

My favorite part of the cruise was the sincere friendliness from the majority of crew. Every one of the service personnel on this cruise found a way to say a quick hello with a genuine smile. The friendliness on board was contagious.

The ship seemed quite spacious. We always found chairs by the pool. Chairs in the Windjammer,and elevators were easy to come by other than shore time,or just prior to dinner.

Publication Date: 12/31/13