Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Carbo2311

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Carbo2311
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: Carbo2311
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Bitterly disappointed with Royal Caribbean

Due to the extremely bad availability of the wifi, I had to make 6 visits to Customer Services to arrange refunds.

I also had the embarrassment of a letter, delivered to my suite, stating the bank had declined a payment, when we were only on day 11 of the cruise and in the morning of that day I had my sea pass blocked! Apparently, I was informed that Royal Caribbean take out funds from your bank on a regular basis, despite a lot of transactions being cancelled, my bank informed me that I would have to wait 7 days to see if Royal Caribbean continued to process the requests. It turned out that because I paid a total of £350 cash prior to the letter arriving in my suite, I was actually $250 in credit. But I will have to wait 7 days for that to go back into my account.

I went to see Front Desk Manager, when I seen the letter in the early evening, and I was very upset and he explained what had happened and did his best to reassure me, to no avail.

These actions have resulted in me coming home to an unauthorised overdraft of £514.32. On the 19th November there were £979.02 outstanding payments on my account to Royal Caribbean. On the 19th November 2014, £758.57 was taken from my bank account by Royal Caribbean.

The dining wasn't that special this trip and there were several nights when there was nothing that appealed to me on the menu, in fact the one night I had two starters rather than the main course. We spent the majority of the time using the 'Windjammer' where the selection is far more diverse, although the formal dining would have been my preferred choice for the duration of the cruise.

The toilet blocked 3 times, but it was sorted straight away

This was my second cruise with Royal Caribbean and my first trip was that good that I booked more trips. This cruise and two others for next year, but I have cancelled them both. I have been charged £75 for the cruise booked for February 2014 and £300 for the cruise in June 2014. Which adds to my frustration in regards to the treatment I have received.

The manager in the Crown & Anchor was a disappointment, he didn't act on my request to cancel the two cruises. He didn't contact me the following day, which he promised to do. I had to seek him out 48 hrs later, to be told I needed to cancel the trips myself when I returned home, certainly not a bit helpful, far more interested in arranging return cruises for other guests who obviously enjoyed their holiday more than I did.

I was also promised, credit for on board spending, that didn't happen either.

The entertainment team were really good with their quizzes, games and promenade events, led by Chris Devine, with a special mention of Bjorn.

The only saving grace was our cabin assistant Raphael! Who was amazing and would have a panic attack if we wouldn't let him clean our room twice a day.

I did receive two complimentary bottles of Rosa wine, to apologise for the problems with the wifi and my bill. Problem is I don't like or drink wine.

I don't see why I should bear the burden of £375 in cancellation fees when the reason for the cancellations is the disappointment of the experience, whilst on board the ship. But under the terms and conditions, this is the case as RCC have stated in their response.

I also made my feelings known with the questionnaire at the end of the cruise and complained formally via email, they apologised but declined to reimburse the lost deposits

Publication Date: 12/22/13