Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by 2846carol: Magnificent Ship but everything else was not what I remembered

Costa Luminosa 1
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Magnificent Ship but everything else was not what I remembered

Sail Date: December 2013

The ship was gorgeous and balcony cabin was very roomy so I thought off to a great cruise WRONG. The room steward gave us ice once when I asked for never filled the liquid soap and left only 1 bar of soap for 10 nights also there was no shampoo or lotions..The entertainment was good on 7 nights the rest was marginal.

the cruise director MAX only announced the shows in the beginning and end of show, all of the other cruses I have taken you were tripping over the cruise director!!. The bar staff was always too busy serving the service bars seems to me not enough help and then they had a real attitude. We had the drink package and the beer tap kept being broken and you had to argue to get a bottle of beer { not our fault it broke}, the bar manager should have told them to substitute it without question!!! Also they ran out of club soda and bananas for the Bailey's drink. There was no buffet opened during the dinner hour you had no other choice but to eat in the main dinning More room. The food was not what I've had on other cruises. On there Italian night they served pork with sauerkraut dugh!!!! We never had a piece of chicken the entire cruise, the portions were very small. Our waiter and wine steward was the best part of our dining experience!!! There was only 280 Americans onboard and the rest were Europeans. They were very rude not even a good morning. The breakfast was awful, lunch wasn't much better. I have been on a costa Fortuna and my experience was wonderful. NEVER AGAIN COSTA!!!!!! .

t Less

Published 12/29/13

Read more Costa Luminosa cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Luminosa Review >>

Compare Prices on Costa Luminosa Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 4357

Great room very roomy and the bed was much larger than any ship I've been on. plenty of storage space.

Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X