Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by LHP Heidi

Costa Luminosa
Costa Luminosa
Member Name: LHP Heidi
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Costa Luminosa Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Luminosa Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Luminosa Deck Plans
CANCEL YOUR CRUISE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TIME!!!!

There is a lot to complain about ..But first and utmost the food was so bad that I didn't even eat some of the meals.

My husband and I have cruised on many Lines so I feel we have a lot to compare this cruise with and I suggest that if you can get your money back and book else where do it because We will never ever use Costa Cruise line again.

This ships employees were so confused that the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing.

There is no buffet at night..They close it down at 2;30 in the afternoon and you are forced to use their dining room which has some of the worse food I have ever tasted in my Life..Some of it didn't even look like food..I think the Pate was SPAM left over from Pearl Harbor!!

Their food is ALL frozen and pre made at best..Some of their desserts were still frozen in the middle..Their idea of Prime Rib is a thin slice of some type of beef and so salty it was uneatable. Their Lobster was a frozen tail stuffed with something we could not identify.

They have Minestrone soup every night and it is def from a can..We tried to switch to salads but the dressings were so watered down that there was no taste..

There was not one night that we looked forward to going to dinner(or any other meal) as we did on other cruise lines..It became a joke at our table every evening as to who was going to get the worse meal..(Everyone at our table were American and seasoned cruisers)

Breakfast was a joke..I do not think they know how to even cook toast..

Lunch;..Their hamburgers were definitely made from pink slime and at one point my husband got excited because they listed beef and pork skewers!!! They turned out to be the day before's old hot dogs and bacon wrapped and stuck on wooden skewers..The buffet food was gross everyday.

Here was my daily intake;

mornings..a bowl of watery oatmeal with uncooked toast and coffee

Lunch;3 bowls of jello and some frozen strawberry yogurt

Dinner;.I tried to eat something off the menu but usually ended up with a piece of pizza because ALL their meats were Paillard!!! Paillard beef, Paillard turkey,paillard chicken, which tells me that when you have to pound a piece of meat to try to tenderize it you are buying the cheapest cut of meat ..

Publication Date: 01/01/14