Norwegian Star Cruise Review by worldquilter: 3 back to back on Norwegian Star

3 back to back on Norwegian Star

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Copenhagen

This fall we took 3 back to back cruises starting Sept 10th going to the Baltic, then to Iceland and then to Miami. The ship was nice and the outside cabin roomy. We booked a partially blocked view and lucked out to get a window with a low tender outside so we had full view beyond the tender! We enjoyed eating at the Blue Lagoon restaurant for breakfast and lunch to avoid the noise and crowds at the buffets upstairs. Our dinners were all in the aft dining room - the Versailles. There we enjoyed the good variety and excellent service of the assistant mait'r d named "Sam" who took wonderful care of my husband's special diet. Most waiters were excellent and when we got a good one we asked for him next time we dined. When we did have lunch in the Versailles a couple of times, I really enjoyed the portabella mushroom topped with goat cheese.

Being on the ship for 3 cruises, there were 3 repetitions of many things and the one we enjoyed most was the final spectacular show. It was More worth seeing 100 times! We enjoyed most other shows and the folk groups they got on board.

We enjoyed the 3 meet and greets for the cc group and toured with them in Berlin, St Petersburg and Iceland. Iceland is very unusual and worth seeing again so we might take the same cruise another time. The Azores was different, too. It was foggy up on the mountains so part of our tour was eliminated. They did then charge less for the tour. We used the tour company Amazing Tours which I can highly recommend.

Some notes: In Stockholm, I think the Vasa Museum is overated and overpriced. In front of it is the Nordisk Folk Museum which I enjoyed thoroughly. We got there on the hop on bus.

In Oslo we thoroughly enjoyed the Vigeland Sculpture Park even though we had seen it in the '70s. I think it is a must-see and again we got there on the hop on bus. We also had time for the Norsk Folk Museum where on could spend the whole day.

We used Red October tours in both Berlin and St Petersburg and they were excellent. In Berlin we went to the Jewish Museum which was very good. I loved the sculpture there.

In Copenhagen we took the hop on bus and then walked around to see castles and the interesting design museum. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>