Celebrity Summit 5

“Lovely Canada and New England Cruise on the Summit”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

Chloe9
Member Since 2006
47 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We chose this cruise as a quick getaway from Bayonne, with no airfare involved. The Summit, an older ship in the Celebrity Fleet did have that lovely Thalassotherapy indoor pool area warm and inviting with days at sea. The highlight of this trip of course was Quebec, the old city. A photobug I took a lighthouse tour of Bar Harbor, Maine through the ship which was fine. As a seafood junkie, I had my fill of lobster, clams and crab, with a fine lobster roll at the Clam Shack in Kennebunkport, a lovely town.

Let me say that my husband and I had Select Dining this time and loved every meal. Lobster was served twice on this cruise and it was delicious as was everything else. The staff and waiters couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. We also dined in QSINE the last night which was really fun.

Zumba classes were offered on the ship which I partook in whenever possible and would have liked to have them a longer and a bit more intense. The entertainment was well, More entertaining and different then past cruises with Celebrity. We particularly enjoyed a hypnotist who selected members of the audience to participate and it was amazing.

Quebec was lovely, however, our ship docked very far from The Chauteau Frontenac site, and it took us an extra shuttle bus to first get into the city with a huge walk. A Holland America ship actually had the perfect docking spot. I felt sorry for the seniors who didn't dare venture out because of this.

We visited Gaspe, Sydney, and a few other ports. Prince Edward Island was actually a pouring rainy day so we hung out on the ship that day.

We really had a wonderful cruise, and I happily came away with a lot of lovely photos of which I've incorporated into a hardcover book. Less

Celebrity Summit Cruises to Canada & New England

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

So, the cabin was fine with the exception of the bathroom. The tile (DECK 2) was really old and dirty, the countertop stained, etc. These things I did bring up to guest relations and they gave us a ship credit on a future cruise.

Published 12/23/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review

Celebrity Summit Cruises to Canada & New England

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?