Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Mommyneedsavacation

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Mommyneedsavacation
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: Mommyneedsavacation
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
        7-9 5.0
        10-12 4.0

If you don't like the Breakaway you need to get your head examined!

Just got back from our Breakaway cruise 12/8-12/15. Let me start with-- IT WAS FABULOUS! To all the critics of this ship, I say get a life. We can't say enough POSITIVE things about it.

We left NYC on a cold, snowy day. The crew was cheerful and pleasant right out of the gate. They even made a snowman on the deck! he ship is beautiful, classy and sparkling clean. It is so tastefully decorated. loved all the decor and the layout. The whole week I encountered courteous, friendly smiling crew members. The only rude people were the guests at the buffet or other crowded venues who seemed to push/ cut in line. I don't care if you don't speak English. You can say excuse me/pardon me in your own language. Ugggh.

Here's a review of what we really enjoyed, and I'll also mention the FEW little things we did not like--

The food- great! I ate like a pig. The buffet had sooooo many choices and the food was warm and tasty. It did get crowded at times. The servers were friendly and hard working. My only pet peeve- avoid lobster night - way crowded and NOT worth it. The pretzel rolls are very good.

Cagneys- AMAZING- strip steak, truffle fries, oreo cheesecake, chocolate raspberry martini mmmmmm

La Cucina- the best Oso buco I think I ever had. Decadent tira mi su and chocolate raspberry tart.

Noodle Bar- You must have the fried potstickers only $3.50 DELICIOUS

Carlos bakery- Lobster tail pastry. Died and went to heaven. mmmm

Sushi at wasabi- pretty good!

Manhattan room- beautiful - food was excellent. I had striploin steak mmm

Enjoyed both Savor and Taste. Not as much as Manhattan room though

O'Sheehans- get the pot pie. Really good. wings were eh. not great

We had a blast in the Svedka ice Bar. Give Chris the bartender a few extra bucks and the drinks keep on coming! We creatively brought some of our own adult beverages on board as well.LOL.

Regretted getting the soda package- kids and myself did not nearly drink enough soda for the $177. Next time might try the UBP fo hubby and me!

The Pool- not crowded- easy to get chairs, fun slides. Hot tubs NOT hot enough!

Try the ropes course and the Rock climbing- my kids couldn't get enough of them! We loved Jergen- he was sooo friendly to the kids.

My only complaint about the ship is the casino. Yes it smells like smoke badly. Why they have it open to the whole atrrium and with carpeting is beyond me?? BAD idea. Yuk.

My kids enjoyed the Splash academy. The counselors are terrific.

Shows- Burn the floor was terrific. Rock of Ages- music was fabulous / acting terrible. NOT for kids. It get's raunchy. I think all the old people in the audience were horrified!

Get there half hour early for good seats.

Second City improv- kinda funny. Have a few drinks first. Michael Finney magician - very good . Kids loved it. The crew talent show- surprisingly GOOD!!!

Cirque Jungle Fantasy- EXCELLENT. Go the first night for $10 off. The food was very good too.

Excursions- Florida day- we stayed on board and soaked up the sun.

Great stirrup Cay- weather was superb. pretty little island- get on first tender!!! It gets too crowded later. Bring your own snorkel gear( we did) you can do the Pirate ship snorkeling for free. and WATER SHOES. Rocks in the shallow water are awful. HURT your feet. ouch!!

Blue Lagoon- Swim with the Dolphins. AMAZING - SOOOO WORTH IT!!! After that, we went over to the private beach there and hung out in hammocks, snorkeled and relaxed until the 4:00 return ferry. THE BEST DAY all week! Not crowded, great weather- enjoyed this place better than GSC.

Could not get the Iconcierge app to work properly - they refunded it on all our phones.

They should really include free wifi on the ship. It's free in practically every hotel right?

Parties- Glow party- tons of fun! 80's party - also a blast. Fireworks- ok.

I give this trip an 8 out of 10. The ship was truly amazing!!!! If I go again I would go in a little warmer weather to get more warm sea days.

Publication Date: 12/24/13