Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by wayburcm: Breakaway to Bermuda

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Breakaway to Bermuda

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My twin sons (16) and I traveled on the Breakaway along with my sister and cousin during our Fall break from school. We have been on 6 other cruises in the past years. and this was definitely our favorite. I really enjoy the freestyle aspect that NCL offers.

The entertainment was awesome. We enjoyed Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor, Cirque Dreams: A Fantasy Jungle, and the magician/entertainer and all were fantastic. I had made reservations for each show prior to boarding the ship so we had no trouble getting into any of the shows.

We ate only in the restaurants that were part of the cruise package and never had anything but a delicious meal. We didn't see a need to try the specialty restaurants. We usually ate in the buffet for breakfast and lunch and tried different main restaurants for dinner.

The youth program for 16 year olds was a big hit with my boys. They were involved in activities from mid morning until curfrew at 1:00 am. They loved the ropes course, More climbing wall, zip line, and water slides. They even talked me into going on the ropes course and zip line one afternoon. I even walked the plank!!

My favorite part of the ship was the VIBE. This area is absolutely serene. There was no place on the ship more relaxing. They only sale a specific number of passes so if you like relaxation, board early so you can get a pass There have awesome cushioned lounge chairs, beds, cabanas, a bar, 2 hot tubs, and wonderful workers who come around offering fruit on a skewer. The view is also incredible.

This cabin was awesome. My cousin stayed with the boys and I and there was plenty This cabin was awesome. My cousin stayed with the boys and I and there was plenty of room. There were 2 twin beds, a sofa, and a full size bunk that pulled down from the ceiling directed over the sofa. The beds were closest to the balcony with the sofa nearest the closest. This gave us plenty of room to get in and out of the closet. Between the closest, the 2 drawers under the sofa, ans 2 cabinets built into the desk we had plenty if storage room for our clothes. All our suitcases fit nicely under the 2 beds

Our mini suite cabin was awesome. My cousin stayed with us and there was plenty of room. There were 2 twin beds, a sofa, and a full size bunk that pulled down from the ceiling directed over the sofa. The beds were closest to the balcony with the sofa nearest the closest. This gave us plenty of room to get in and out of the closet. Between the closest, the 2 drawers under the sofa, ans 2 cabinets built into the desk we had plenty if storage room for our clothes. All our suitcases fit nicely under the 2 beds

The balcony was smaller than ones we have had in the past but it was ok. Since we were port side, my sister, my cousin and myself were able to sit on the balcony to watch the fireworks on Friday night. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Bermuda Triangle Cruise

(4)

We went on the evening cruise to the Bermuda Triangle. This was entertaining but not as exciting as I had expected. The 2 guys acting as tout guides were good and very informative.

Horseshoe Bay Beach

The final excursion we took was going to Horseshoe Bay Beach. This was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. No one should pass up the opportunity to see this site. There is no place I know of that you can see such clear water and pink tinted sand.

Island Tour

(5)

Bermuda is absolutely gorgeous and the locals are very friendly. On the second day, we took was the 5 hour city tour. This was great. Our driver and tour guide was very informative. I really enjoyed seeing the sites and hearing about the history of Bermuda. During ths we had the opportunity to walkaround St. George'shich was the one area we had not been too. We would not have been able too see the entire Island of Bermuda any other way.