MSC Divina Cruise Review by mattw7799

MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: mattw7799
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
Terrible Service Made This Billion Dollar Boat A Total Waste

I love cruising and have had many wonderful experiences. The Divina as a ship is very beautiful. That said, I have never heard the word "No" so many times on a cruise. Don't get me wrong, I see mean entitled travelers all of the time and I am constantly disgusted. I am a sweetheart to the employees since they don't make the rules and are underpaid and overworked. Whoever trained them however did a terrible job. They have no answers, are not trained to be helpful, and many were quite rude. The Divina is trying to cruise out of America now, but the employees are trained to deal with Europeans. The wait at the bars was phenomenal. You might order a cocktail at a bar with five other patrons and wait 30 minutes for a vodka tonic. Thank god their security didn't catch my scope bottle full of vodka or I would have wasted a lot of cruise time on this ship. The worst incident by far though concerned drink tickets. I purchased one of MSC's packages before the cruise for 24 cocktails (12 for me, 12 for my cabin mate). When we got on the boat they only had 12 cocktails in their package. I showed them my email receipt and that my credit card had been charged. The woman who was at the concierge desk was rude and told me to buy expensive internet and to contact the main office. I told her I didn't want to spend extra money and asked her to contact the main office for me from her email. She insisted she didn't have email access. I asked for a manger and was told they were not available to help me. It took three different concierge employees before one of then admitted they had email and offered to contact the office. Two days later I was informed that my receipts I showed were correct and that I was owed 12 cocktails. The whole incident was off putting and I was treated like a bad guy or criminal for asking for the drinks I paid for. I was really nice the whole time and was extra polite hoping it would help. It didn't...

The food was not as good or available after hours as other cruise lines.

All in all the cruise okay, mainly because I took advantage of getting off the boat at the ports. I still would never sail with MSC again.

Publication Date: 12/16/13