MSC Divina Cruise Review by travelady65

MSC Divina
Member Name: travelady65
Cruise Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
Sailed the MSC Divina on December 7, 2013

Let me start off by saying that i had the most wonderful and fabulous time on my 3 night sailing aboard the new MSC Divina.... I arrived down at the port of miami and terminal F at around 11:30 am in the morning...went through security and check in with a breeze... I then was given a number and was told to take a seat, until they got clearance that we can board the ship. I had number one for boarding, so when the ship was cleared i was on board by 12:30 in the afternoon.

I then went up to the buffet for lunch. The food was amazing...I absolutely love Italian Food so i was in my glory. All the food was presented very well, and it was delicious. Desserts were to die for. All of their breads, desserts, pastas, and pastries are made onboard the ship. You had a lot of different foods to choose from in the buffet. The meals in the dining rooms were very well presented also and delicious.

I then proceeded to my cabin as they opened them up at 1:30 in the afternoon. I had an inside cabin. Cabin number 11208 on deck 11, which was in the aft of the ship. No complaints.. I was sailing solo, so the room fit me fine...It was on the smaller side but had a queen size bed, lots of storage space....two big closets, and the third was a row of drawers to put clothes in, besides the two drawers in the night tables... Bathroom was a nice size...with a nice shower with plexi glass doors that opened...It had two dispensers for shampoo and body wash. Nice big fluffy bath towels along with hand towels and wash cloths....Under neath the sink, was cabinets to store stuff in, along with shelves to put toileries on. They had shower caps in the bathroom.

Also in the cabin they had given you post cards, along with writing paper, and pens, with sewing kits etc. a little perk, that most cruise lines do not give you any longer.

I ate in the Villa Rossa Dining room on the first setting which was at 6PM. The dining room i liked very much, as it was a one level dining room, shaped in the round. It was decorated in red furnisheings. It was a very cozy dining room. Our waiter and helper couldn't do enough for us. Food was outstanding. And the desserts were to die for...

The ship is absolutely stunning. Very clean. All the public room fabulous. In the evening, music playing everywhere you go. The pool area beautiful...Plenty of lounge chairs.. did not have to fight for one. The way they designed their pools is amazing....They have like little coves, all around the pool where the little ones can enjoy, and then in the center is where the main pool is. Lots of different sitting areas to choose to sit. They have a pool with an enclosure in case it should rain, also i belive three or four other pools. They also have an infinity pool on deck 15 aft.

Entertainment is the best at sea. They had Witches, Wonderland Starwalker (which is a tribute to Michael Jackson) acrobats, on my criuise they had an inpersonator of Abba called Abbracadabor.....Each show had a standing ovation from everyone....

I went on this 3 night sailing, as i wanted to try MSC, as i never sailed this line before... I am booked on the MSC Divina again for October 2014 sailing going to the Eastern Caribbean....and i can't wait to come aboard again.....Yes MSC sold me, and i definitely will be a frequent traveler with this line...That is how much i enjoyed myself.

From the Customer Service, to the Dining Room staff, to the activities director, to the cruise director, to the entertainment, to the Officers, this is a jewel of a ship and i enjoyed myself emencely.

The ship has a few kinks to iron out, but people have to understand that this ship was based in europe for the first year, so they handle things a little differently then here in the states. So once the kinks do get ironed out, and i believe it will be soon, as i have read what the CEO of MSC Cruises wrote, this ship will definitely will be competing with the other lines..... Will i sail MSC again? Of course i will, as i wrote earlier i will be sailing in October 2014..... I had a relaxing enjoyable time on the Divina, and hope to sail many, many times with MSC......

Desembarkation was a breeze.....my color was called off the ship at 10:30 am went down to collect my luggage, it was right on the convertor belt, picked my luggage up, went through customs, and no lines to wait.....picked my shuttle service up ......which took me back to Fort Lauderdale airport.....

Publication Date: 12/16/13