Brilliance of the Seas 5

jhg20852
Member Since 2009
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Mom and I had a fantastic cruise on the Brilliance. This was my 57th and my Mom's 35th cruise. Since I do a cruise once a year with my Mom out of Tampa, we were glad to see the Brilliance do a 7 day cruise. Usually our only choices out of Tampa (Mom does not want to fly and she lives just outside of Tampa) are the HAL Ryndam and CCL Legend. It was nice to cruise a different ship for a change. I just wish they would do more 7 day cruises with the Brilliance. I was on the Brilliance two years ago doing a Med cruise and had a nice time. Since then this ship has been fully refurbished.

The only areas not doing well with this refurbishment would be Rita's Cantina.....never anyone there, they should have a 2 for one happy hour, the place would be packed! The same goes for the new Izuma sushi place, needs a special to get people there.

This was really one of the best cruises I have done, and my Mom agreed.

We had an Ocean View cabin very close to the computer More station near the glass elevators on deck 4. Great location in the center of the ship.

Our cabin steward was wonderful, cabin was clean and space was well used.

We very much enjoyed the shows such as Jack and the Beanstalk in the atrium. The shows in the main show lounge were also very good. Food in the dining room was very good as well as service in this area.

Food in the buffet was fine, we even had dinner there one evening for a change.

I would go back on the Brilliance in a second, she pushed all the right buttons for me.

Next cruise: CCL Freedom 12/28/13 out of Fort Lauderdale for New Years! Less

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Great location, good use of space, great cabin steward

Published 12/16/13

Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review

Brilliance of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?