Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by acman57054: Uhhhh.... Aren't I on Vacation?

acman57054
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Uhhhh.... Aren't I on Vacation?

Sail Date: November 2013

First off We have cruised a lot with Royal, we have been on this class before as well.

we are curently Diamond members.

The positive side of this cruise where ...the ports all nice, St Martin,St Kitts, Puerto Rico,and Labadee.

the ships touch screen info center was a really helpful and neat new addition.

St Martin we went to the Sea Trek underwater excursion, Very nice.

St Kitts, we went on an open air taxi for a tour of the island, Very nice.

P.R. Bacarrdi tour, Really nice!

Labadee... my 1st time there and there is not enough time in the day for this stop, Very nice.

Problems started at the Pursers Desk, all of the Women there seemed to be in a really bad mood! terrible customer service! My wife used the Wi-Fi perk they have on the ship and could not log off and had trouble with those "Happy People" at the pursers desk trying to log off with no help, until my wife brought her I- Pad to them for them to log it More off, Wehn they told her they didin't know how to work the I-Pad. She said "its costing me .75 cents a minute you need to turn it off!" Convienatly they fiqured it out with a few taps on the screen and after my free time was all used up..there goes my internet connection for the week, yes I could purchase more time but if I had any more problems I would have to go to see that Happy bunch all over again..No Thanks.

This one really burned me up...I was at a Movie trivia game with my wife...I went to the bar to get a drink...this particular drink, I want very little ice in my glass, I asked the bartender to "kick out some ice" he did but is was still to much I asked him to "kick out some more" he then pour all of the ice out grabbed a single cube of ice dropped it into my glass and poured my drink.

I asked him what his problem was but he left (I should of asked for the supervisor, but I was in shock). the bar back that was there got me a glass of ice so that I may fill it up to my specifications, But then that set the mood for the rest of my Vacation.

We sat for Dinner right near the Captains table I thought "wow what a treat" we get to finally have dinner with the Captain (sort of) no Captain for the entire cruise! I fiqure he thinks he's to good to sit with the regular folks..to eat..

there where other times during the cruise that I felt like I was bothering some of the crew for a question so I quit asking.

will I stop cruising on Royal I dont think so but it does make you think.... maybe they are a little nicer at NCL?

will I be back on this class? nope!

because of this cruise I will not even think about allure or oasis. they are even bigger! Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>