Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by VeritasBishop

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by VeritasBishop
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: VeritasBishop
Cruise Date: November 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

NEED revamp in training of crew and Improvement

Well what can I say. The ship last year was great.

This year clearly new crew and many faults. from room I.e. Coffee table, Dirty mirrors. Long black 8inch hairs in bed before even getting in it that was just the beginning as 1/2 way through the journey we was often ignored on our drinks package by certain waiters in the pyramid lounge to get drinks. Followed by the last week of constantly telephoning maintenance to report our toilet self flushing and overflowing with human waste. Feared going to toilet at night as not sure what I would find on the floor. as the journey came close to docking the problem got worse were i was having to self clean my bathroom floor of the over flow 6 times a day.

Complained to Managers and I was told if we had been informed by the appropriate dept heads we would have moved you so all in all the crew heads of depts. seem not to communicate on the important bits of clients comfort and this I am to say is for a Gold Member of Crown and Anchor God help those who are not. Our holiday therefore began at Fort Lauderdale when we collected our car and stayed in Orlando for a week. Seriously re-thinking about cancelling our two cruises booked for next year with this company. I would say that they are on a par with Easy Cruises.

Too many Managers not communicating. Should a shame that the old staff has moved on and new staff began as it is clear bad leadership. This was only a fraction of matters. People say cruises are better on P & O . I am jumping ship and joining P&O. Royal Caribbean, train your new staff on board or give up offering cruises.

Publication Date: 11/26/13