Viking Helvetia Cruise Review by jbaber1: Just a wonderful experience on Viking Helvetia

jbaber1
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Viking Helvetia Europe - River Cruise Cruises

Just a wonderful experience on Viking Helvetia

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

We are experienced travelers. Who are not really keen about cruising. This trip from Basal to Amsterdam became one of the best experiences we've ever had.

While I've read horror stories (few and far between) they are exceptions.

We were picked up at the airport taken to the ship There was lunch waiting,room was ready and in general great first impression.

The room was on level 3 (great view) The bed was lofted so you could put your luggage under it.

The staff from the Program director down were just wonderful. I realize this is a business so I get somewhat skeptical of "nice" people.

However they were all sincere and blew me away.

The tours were great. The guides are all local and know their stuff when it comes to explaining what you are visiting.

There is enough "free time" to explore the towns or citiies you are visiting. If the ship is a little far from the town Viking makes sure there is a shuttle.

Before you More embark on a tour, you are given a preview of what you will be seeing (conducted by visiting professors)

The food is wonderful. This is not typical "cruise ship food". For instance there was a lunch with just German food (when we entered Germany) just amazing (as well as wine/beer included during lunch and dinner)

One night I couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner. I asked for a steak. The steak was great,cooked perfect and huge.

In summation if you're looking for the "hairy chest" contest or midnight buffet. This is not for you.

If you are looking for a truly wonderful experience where everything you are told to expect comes to fruition

this is it.

I am one of the most skeptical people. Viking Cruises has created a convert Less

Read more Viking Helvetia cruise reviews >>