Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Don1966

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: Don1966
Cruise Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        16+ 5.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Cruise was a Breeze and the Breeze was our cruise

November 3rd 2013 to November 9th with stops in Grand Turk, Ocho Rios Jamaica and Nassau Bahamas. Started off a little rocky. Embarkation was delayed as the previous cruise apparently had some security issues that we still aren't sure of. Apparently they brought dog's on board and stopped passengers from disembarking. So the early faster to the fun boarders didn't start boarding till almost noon. Never occurred to ask the crew what happened as we just wanted to get the party started. We being the 14 of us.

The ship is beautiful and HUGE! In 6 days I still didn't see all the ship had to offer.

The Positive: The decor was beautiful. Loved the palm trees on board. So much more elegant than the gaudy decor of the older ships. The water slides were very fun and never had to wait too long to use them. Maybe 15 minutes tops. The Limelight lounge was a nice venue. We only saw the karaoke in there. Recorded and with the live band. The female singer that assisted with this was awesome. Don't remember her name. Only saw the Motown and Britts show in main theater. Both were good but seemed a little lacking in scale of previous entertainment on other cruises.The cast they did have were very talented though. Edge the Juggling Comedian was funny and brought one of us up on stage to participate with a juggling act. (Mike number two for anyone who was on cruise too) Although Edge is a little over abusive at times. The Assistant Cruise Director was awesome and funny and I swear was actually triplets because she was everywhere unlike the the Senior Cruise Director Pete who we only saw a few times at scheduled appearances. Food: The 555 Fahrenheit was top notch. Everything was delicious. I had the 9oz filet with mushroom medley and it was soooo melt in your mouth good. Guys burgers was very good. Sorry I only had a chance to eat there twice. Blue Iguana was also very good. Had breakfast burritos a steak burrito there. All very good. MDR. Filet Mignon there was tasty yet small. Braised pork was very tasty. Mac n Cheese very good. (Not on menu most of the time but you can still order) CMC delicious as ever. Deli: Very good sandwiches as always. Had only Pastrami/Corn Beef sandwich this cruise though. :(

Ports: Grand Turk- Power snorkel through Carnival was Awesome! Water was very choppy and we had the 7:30am excursion luckily as the cancelled all the others because of the water. Can't wait to go through my water proof video cam to see what it caught. Margarita-ville.- Fun place and good drinks. Make sure you read menu carefully as I ended up buying a $23 frozen drink which started at $9.00

Ocho Rios: Aside of the continuous pan handling and Ganja selling we had fun River tubing through Carnivals excursions. Beautiful Crystal springs water was fun and relaxing and exciting . The guides worked their butts off.

Nassau: We opted to walk to the beach about a mile away and just swim and catch some rays. Then we walked around downtown Nassau, shopping and sight seeing. Visited the Bahamas Historical museum. Very nice.

The Crew: Awesome hard working bunch. Always happy with the crew.

The negative: Couldn't be controlled as weather was bad the first few days but we made the best of it. Almost our whole group was in the pool in the rain and the rocking of the ship provided some nice waves. The exuberance of some of our group kept the crew entertained. We had 2 cases of sea sickness because of the rough seas. 2 out of 14 aint bad.

Entertainment: There was a huge lack of live music throughout the ship. Really miss Music Hype from the Destiny....It also seemed on deck they were primarily playing Latin music. I don't mind there being Latin music but wish they would cater to everyone's taste. The Nightclub also didn't play any variety of music. Just a constant thump of what I swear was one continuous bad rap. In 2 hours I didn't hear one song that made me want to get on the dance floor.

Food: MDR the food has gone down hill. Being the newest ship I expected the best. I feel they are conditioning us to want to purchase dinner at their additional costs restaurants. Lobster was mushy, prime rib had what I can best describe as heinz grazy instead of au jus There were more misses than hits

MDR breakfast and brunch was not very good. Steak and eggs barely edible. Sausages rubbery. bacon undercooked. Eggs runny, ect.

Overall I had fun and didn't let the little things bother me. The unremarkable food stopped me from overeating which I usually do. Hey only 3 lbs gained! I did expect better from the newest of Carnival's fleet. I do hope they improve the Dining and Entertainment problems as I will be watching the reviews and forums before scheduling our next cruise.

Publication Date: 11/22/13