Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by yaduck: Great second celebration on Celebrity

yaduck
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Great second celebration on Celebrity

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Harwich

My impressions of the Oct 12, 2013 Century Infinity Wine Immersion cruise: first this was our second trip on Celebrity, so part of the ship comparison will be against the previous experience on the Silhouette. We used select dining and the booking came with the classic beverage package, two shore excursions, and a specialty dining voucher.

The cruise terminal in Harwich although quite a distance from London was very close to the rail station and the train ride of about an hour from London Liverpool Street station was pleasant and only cost $61 roundtrip for the two of us.

The Infinity although clearly smaller and older than the Silhouette was in very good condition and well maintained and our balcony cabin was comfortable.

The crew was outstanding, I found that on many occasions at the Al Bacio and other bars the servers would recognize me and prepare my drinks without being asked. I had noticed other reviewers complained of not being served drinks from the More wine stewards at dinner, our experience was entirely different, they always keep our glasses full and were very attentive to service. The captain and his staff were always visible and engaged in the activities around the ship even including the captain attending the shows at night.

The food at the main dining room was very well prepared and we did not have anything that was not delicious; on the other hand, our experience at the Qsine was a let-down (they do have great sweet potato fries).

The ship excursions were mixed, we originally wanted to do the Normandy Beaches but due to the USG shutdown they were closed, so we opted for the Versailles Palace tour, we had a very good tour guide and an excellent lunch in a small restaurant we only wish it had included a garden tour. At La Rochelle we toured the city on our own the first day (albeit a bit wet) and took the Hennessy Cognac tour the next day. I will agree with other reviewers that this includes a long drive and the 15 minute stop for the roman amphitheater looking through a fence is not that exciting especially after seeing the Coliseum in Rome, also the lunch we had on this tour was not good. Bilbao we did on our own taking the metro into see the Guggenheim and walking through the old city. The included tours were good to Santiago de Compostela (good weather, no crowd, so-so guide) and Porto port wine (great views, good guides). One of the selling points to joining Cruise Critic was our dining companions were members and had created their own tours with which sounded grand.

The entertainment on board was generally very good especially the energy of the crew productions. Two of the entertainers (magic and comedy/juggling) we had already seen on the Silhouette (what are the odds), the musical entertainers two were excellent and one was plain bad (first time I have gotten up and left a show). My wife and I love the art presenters (especially when she wins a drawing) they were very good at art history lectures, but the podium speaker was not so good he just read off his charts and had very little to add (in contrast to the Silhouette which had fabulous speakers).

In total it was a very good cruise and we would not mind taking this ship again. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>