Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by psb4ever

Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Only the best!

Having been on the Oasis twice, I wanted to try the Allure. I had a excelent time and would sail with her again. Boarding the ship was fast, we did have to wait a bit to board because we arrived a little to early but after they called us we went straight on. The ship is basicly the same as Oasis, just some different art work and restaurants. Central Park was nicely grown in and was really lush and green with beautiful tropical plants. You always see crew members cleaning and sanitizing. Everyone always said hello to me, did not encounter any rude crew members. I was a little disappointed with my stateroom attendant, though he was very nice, and always cleaned our room, there really was no interaction. Out of the seven days we only saw him three times. Where as both times on Oasis we saw our stateroom attendant every day and they always knew our names and asked how everything was. Also we had a towel animal only three nights, it's not that big of a deal but I kinda like one every night, thats what makes cruising fun and different. Also no more chocolates on the pillows at night, like I said, just the little things that I like about cruising. But none of that made me feel different about my cruise. The room we had was a ocean view, I don't think it's small at all, just right. I don't spend much time in it anyways. To me, I have no trouble with the closet, we both fit all of our clothes and items with room to spare. Beds are very comfortable and clean. The bathroom is good, I'm not a big guy and it was big enough for me.

I really loved the food on the ship. Everything was wonderful including the windjammer. It was a lot better then Oasis. Everything had taste and flavor. Did not try the restaurants that charged extra. The dining room was great we had a wonderful waiter and assistent waiter. They always asked if we had a show for the evening so they made sure that we did not miss it. Entertainment was a hit and miss. Pros were the comedy show with Jim David and AJ Jamal, both had me in tears. Ice games was awesome and so was the aqua show! the headliner "Two Funny Guys" were amazing! I would love to see them in vegas, They were great comedians and really enjoyed their show! The cons of the entertainment were Chicago and Blue Planet. They were good but not great, The singers were good, I just didn't care for the shows itself. Chicago was kinda boring, no scene changing and was some what hard to follow. I saw lots of people leaving during the show. The next day I was walking past the theater while the show was playing and saw a couple that left during the middle of the performance, I overheard them saying they were board and confused. Hairspray was ten times better, I don't care for musicals but Hairspray was really good. Also I really like Come fly with me on the Oasis verses Blue Planet. The performers were good, just the show was bland. There was a one time show "How to train your dragon", it was ok.

A lot of the reviews on here keep saying that the ship does not feel busy and I too will say that as well. There was 6000 people on board as well as 2100 crew members and it really did NOT feel crowded. Being on Oasis twice I knew it would be the same with crowds. The only time it felt busy was when a show was let out or boarding the ship when ports. The elevators were fine, sometimes I had to wait but I took the stairs when the elevators were too crowded, not that big of a deal. We chose express walk of to disembark. We were off the ship and to the car within 10 minutes. I would recommend this ship to everyone as well as Oasis. Can't wait to sail with the Oasis class again! Thank you Royal Caribbean I will always be loyal to royal.

Publication Date: 11/17/13