We chose this ship last year for our honeymoon and again this year for our 1 year.
Again, it was amazing. there was zero pressure to explore the ship or feel like we had to do this or that, since we had already done that last year.
Everything that could be said about this ship, has been said.
Yes, it takes no time to get on the ship when you arrive.
Yes, the food is great.
Yes, the ship and the staff are incredible.
Yes, they will nickle and dime you to death, but just say no.
Yes, there are A LOT of people on the ship.
Yes, windjammer is always crowded.
If you choose this ship, you have to be mentally prepared to wait in lines, search for a pool chair, be around a lot of kids and probably spend more money than you had planned on.
We have had our fill of the big ship.
We will choose the smaller ships from now on and see how they compare.
They have the best loyalty program so we have no reason to cruise with any other company, we will just choose a smaller ship.
Some of my favorite things:
- The variety in Windjammer. I love that food.
- The excellent room stewards
- The inner or outer balconies. We have chosen inner balconies each time, but look forward to an outer balcony next year on a different ship.
- Casino staff is great and of course, friendly.
- No dining room Maitre'D (sp) begging for tips on the last night.(Carnival)
- Labadee Haiti is the perfect port. You get off and you are right at the beach.
No junk, no questionable cab drivers over charging you. It's just beautiful beach everywhere and plenty of chairs.
Least Favorite things:
- Nickel & Dime never ends. Paid for the Soda plan, but it doesn't include cans in your room. Kinda dumb considering how cheap soda is.
- Any drink you purchase has a tip on it. No matter what.
- Watch your pool towels! They will disappear and they are expensive if you don't turn them in.
Overall, it's incredible.