Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by marcyshops

Member Name: marcyshops
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Celebrity Equinox, Not sure I would cruise with them again.

This cruise was amazing!! We saw so much in such a short period of time. The ship itself was very nice. Getting on the ship was a breeze. We arrived at the port at 10:40am and were on the ship by 11. The embarkation process was very easy!

Our cabin was ready at 1pm and our suitcases were there shortly after that. We loved the size of our bathroom. It was much more spacious than other ships we have been on. The balcony was also a bit larger. Our cabin steward was not the greatest although I felt like it was maybe because he did not speak english well. Overall the cabin was great!

Most of the nights we ate in the main dining room and I did not see any difference in the food quality from the many Carnival ships we have been on. Our waiters were friendly and fun!!

Our favorite dining experiences were eating at The Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest. Both are worth the extra $! You can order as much as you want and believe me, we did! The food was way better than the main dining rooms! The buffets were nice but they were open for limited hours and there was no 24 hour pizzeria or self serve ice cream :(

Please note that the average age on this ship was 65-70. Most of the ship was quiet by midnight, other than the late night comedy show and a few people in the casino, which was kind of disappointing.

The best entertainment on the ship were the late night comedians. The seats were filled for those shows unlike most others.

My BIGGEST disappointment was with the casino. The dealers were for the most part not friendly and this is the first time I have been in a casino where they don't track the players playing cards. (They did track the slot players if you put your card in the slot machines.) However, the gentleman who runs the casino (Randall) did approach me and seemed genuinely concerned about some of my issues. The next day we received a bottle of champagne in our room and the dealers seemed a bit more friendly (almost sarcastic). BUT THEN…………..I caught several slot machines that had been adjusted by the casino….clearly to their advantage. As soon as we caught this error and brought it to the slot managers attention, we cashed out everything and never went back into the casino. The last night on the ship we went in to talk to Randall and he was a completely different person…….extremely defensive and basically started verbally attacking me. I love to play slots and of course am always skeptical about the machines but to see this was quite disturbing. I play for entertainment and I usually never win but to see this casinos unprofessionalism was very disappointing. Randall did tell us that in 4 years i was the only one to catch this "mistake". Clearly there is nobody regulating this casino like you see in Vegas and other professional casinos. Not saying you can't win on their slots but the odds are very, very slim. (They do like to report on the daily newsletter how much the slots have paid out but they certainly don't share how much $ has been played.)

Overall the cruise was great due to the amazing ports we visited but If you are looking to cruise the Mediterranean and you are under the age of 50, I would not recommend this ship.

Publication Date: 11/14/13