Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by josephandrussell: Kind of disappointed...

josephandrussell
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Kind of disappointed...

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First, we are C & A members, and "Loyal to Royal", taking 3 to 4 cruises a year. We sailed on the Monarch in March, (GREAT time), and thought that it's replacement would be a nice little getaway. The ship is in pretty good condition, considering her age, but the staff is lacking in many aspects. The majority of the Windjammer staff seem to be unorganized, indifferent, and just plain "burned out". Perhaps they are toward the end of their contracts, and just want to go home.

Our dining room waiter was fair, but the asst. waiter seemed to genuinely care about us, and stayed on top of things as best he could. On both evenings we dined there the appetizers were cold. Not hot, not warm, just cold, and therefore not "appetizing" at all. The main courses were at least lukewarm, but were simply inedible. Gummy, leathery battered fish which was obviously prepared too far in advance. Overcooked steak. The broiled fish on the first night smelled and tasted like it had "turned". When More the head waiter noticed I was not eating it, he said, "Is it too fishy tasting"? He knew what the problem was even before I told him, which tells me that they should not be serving it at all. On the second to last evening, the entrees were again inedible, and the waiter told us "I will tell the head waiter". He, (or no one else) ever stopped by. On the last night we booked a table at Chops to finally have a good meal, and were blown away as always with the fantastic food and flawless service. (Thank you, Ahmet, GREAT job)!

I did like the fact that the Enchantment offered a lot more trivia contests than other RC ships, and am VERY glad that Marc, (bing-bong), the cruise director, transferred from the Monarch. AWESOME guy! Also, the Halloween party was incredible.

Overall, the cruise was pretty good, and I would probably sail on the Enchantment again. I simply hope that the dining room and Windjammer supervisors realize the problems, and it gets (a LOT) better, and up to Royal Caribbean's standards of excellence. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>