Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Luvingit

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Luvingit
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: Luvingit
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Quiet Getaway

My husband and I decided to go on this cruise as a Halloween party getaway. We usually like bigger ships with more to do, but we picked this ship because of Port Canaveral which is our closest port.

The boarding was fabulous. We were on the ship by 11:30am. That's the earliest we ever boarded a ship and we were so ready to get our vacation started!! The public areas on the ship looked pretty nice, but once we got to our room we realized how old the ship was. The carpet was old looking and the bath looked aged (it also smelled like sewage). I tried to take a nap and realized that the mattress was as hard as the floor. We did not get good sleep for the entire cruise. Our cabin attendant told us that it was because the mattress was new. Since we usually don't spend much time in the room, we were determined not to let the small things ruin our vacation.

What we ended enjoying the most through out the cruise was the quick service and attentiveness by our dinning staff and the half price happy hour at ALL THE BARS from 3-5pm. Other than that, we got bored during the day as there were hardly any activities to do. I did try the rock climbing which was fun. On Halloween a lot of people put on Halloween costmes which was cool, but the Halloween party was lame.

I guess for our future cruises we will be looking at the bigger ships with more activies. I recommend this ship for a relaxation getaway, with lots of eating and drinking involved since there isn't much more to do. Oh, and getting off the ship was fast and easy too. I guess this is also a plus about the smaller ships.

Publication Date: 11/06/13