Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by sweetpea54376

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by sweetpea54376
Carnival Breeze
Shore Excursions 5+
Embarkation Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Breeze My Experience

Good Morning within in 6 days I booked a cruise for myself and another significant other (a man).  I had to put together flights, transportation hotel the night before sailing and shop for clothes!!

Booked the Carnival Breeze got the last Balcony cabin 8370 deck 8 right above the ocean Plaza …I have encountered doing this for clients but not personally so I will take you through my experience from flight to hotel to the Miami pier Enjoy!

Oct 5 2013 booked the carnival breeze now to find flights .That was not an easy task because of $$ .I got southwest from Albany NY and had to change flights in Baltimore.

Here we are you ready left Friday October 11, 2013 at 5:30 am got to airport. Check in was quick BUT my cages and screws caused an issue finally I’m though waiting to board .We are off Landed and switched planes. Arrived at Ft Lauderdale airport where I used a scar service right on time Evan was y Chauffer had cold water in the Mercedes .I used 1-800 book a limo. Great experience, he had a tablet with my name on it and texted, the minute the flight landed. He took us to the HOLIDAY INNN EXPRESS in Doral .I didn’t have to lift baggage .What a relief!!

Check in at Doral was fast easy and went into the room was clean I walked around it was immaculate and free WIFII Breakfast in the am downstairs so we relaxed.

Now for the big experience getting to the pier s am in my stateroom. As I observed everyone one was getting checked in quickly. TIP…It helps when you register your information online for any cruise line before you Cruise makes check-in easier.

I waked into cabin 8370 stateroom beautiful balcony was nice first impression I just got there .But I can’t turn on lights. How do I turn lights on?? I decided let me put my things n safe. Okay got a problem I have sailed carnival before and you swipe your credit or debit card that didn’t work!! Now what call my Cabin Steward he came right down .Imam from Indonesia what a wonderful cabin steward. Oh yea you card in put your Sail n Sign card slot to right when you open door to activate energy saving lighting .Easy .. Safe you make up a 4 digit code easier .Great I said. Now time for a drink. How about Guys burgers to die for , fat Jimmy’s BBQ awesome .

Off to deck 10 lido deck to check out smoking areas (yes I smoke ) Had a Pina Colada in my hand was 3 years since I cruised and I felt amazing, clean ,new and the atmosphere was great .But where is the live band on Lido deck? Guess not today no live band okay waiting for muster drill went into club 02 for kids and watched a video easy peasy. TIP Muster drill isn’t that bad don’t miss it they will know!

Now off to explore and walk around s than I realized I had late dining but wasn’t able to change right away long line. So off we went to explore the Fun Shops Casino waterworks and get to know ship. I saw, read heard about and more.

Now it’s time for dinner had my 3rd drink and went into Blush Dining Room was not over powering very calming décor. Dinner first time was good and of course I had 2 desserts. Shh I gained 5 lbs.’ on the cruise maybe a little more.

So we sail and off we got to Sea for two days. I needed the break and found lot of things to do. Karaoke, waterworks, spa treatment I had was awesome very calming. Cloud 9 spa does not pressure if you don’t want to buy their products. I sat mainly by the Tides pool salt water was great a few children but that is to be expected. I went to the specialty restaurant Cucina Del Capitano for 12.00 a person the food was amazing Nona’s meatballs I couldn’t get the ingredient waitress got the chef and now I will make them one day. So much food all delicious, meatballs, eggplant fresh mozzarella and desert Tiramisu. Well worth it If you like Italian food casual family style.

Now we port into St Thomas my favorite port and shopping here I go went and grabbed a cab from pier cost me 8.00 a person to go down town. Started walking and I know what I was looking for went into the jewelry stores ship recommended but then went into Crown Jewelers, gave my information that I was a Travel Agent looking for a new watch and some other jewelry. (I know what to look for and won’t get ripped off)They worked with me wonderfully and that is where I got my diamonds, watch and more for a great price. Along with a rum and coke. Now we left town and off to Coki Beach beautiful day swam, drank had my hair braided and bought a few things from vendors. I like supporting the locals and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Now off to Antigua.

Antigua oh what an Island and I had a shore excursion booked with Shore Trips got off pier and they were there to take me to a day at the beach. Got in an air-conditioned van .Yes they drive like nuts! Talk about woman drivers these drivers are but got to the beach day safely. A representative from the tour company met us after we drove into a gated community right snext door to Sandals. She showed us our chairs and got us drinks. Oh Yea Rum Punch. The water was amazing looking around they also gave me a tour of the all-inclusive Halycon Cove (Rex Resorts). I wanted to Jet Ski the manager at the beach got that arranged and walked me to the Sandals beach where the jet skis were for 45.00 a half hour . Oh what a ride had a blast first time in 10 years I was able to do something. There were vendors I bought an ankle bracelet and necklace and just enjoyed a great relaxing beach day. I am living again. Than went shopping got great buys on a guess wallet,(prices were unbelievable) cigarettes (don’t sigh) fossil pocketbook, and perfume, a few souvenirs. For my pocketbooks wallet I went to Sterling’s .I went to back to ship for shower, dinner, than a spa treatment Got to love Cloud 9 Spa. Than to Ocean Plaza to listen to Motown Music live band .

Now we have a day at sea well needed 3 ports in a row and I was busy all the time.

Nassau I had booked the blue lagoon had to cancel since who I was traveling with was not feeling well .Than I decided to book the Balmorals in Nassau but had to cancel and went shopping in Nassau for the day .Yes I found some great buys and went to the Silver Traditions store and got a great 14k flip flop charm. The prices were reasonable. I also went into Delsol. I walked around trying to find Babe (my dog) a toy finally I found a stuffed animal and some things. Nassau has cleaned up since last time listened to street music.

Last day at sea went into Casino and played than shopped and enjoyed relaxing. The Breeze is a wonderful ship food was great they served frog legs no way I said . I cannot say anything I experienced was bad expect for waiting for the elevators. I walked many times the stairs up 3 down 3 up 5 down just not to wait for crowded elevators.

Crew was amazing everyone was friendly, hope you enjoyed this.

Publication Date: 11/04/13