Carnival Magic Cruise Review by SPURS FAN

Member Name: SPURS FAN
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Magic a little disappointing

I was really expecting a lot out more of the Magic. When we drove up to the dock I noticed that the red and blue wings on the tower looked faded. It was a 4 hour drive from San Antonio and we parked at 81st Street Dolphin Parking for $45 after using their on-line coupon. Embarkation and disembarkation moved along nicely. Our room 8297 was great after they fixed the clogged shower drain. Our cabin guy was fantastic and made my wife many animals. I'm glad we had jackets because all public areas of the ship were cold. The food in the Lido buffet usually wasn't very good. The drink stations were few and almost always had a line. This allowed your bad tasting food to be also cold. The bacon for breakfast was undercooked and dripped grease. We ate breakfast at the dining room when possible. Dinner in the dining room was usually fair. One night someone at my table complained to the matre D and I chimed in about my dry overcooked meat. He offered to bring something else but nothing looked appealing. The Hamburger, pizza and sandwich stations were good. The pools were so crowded I didn't feel comfortable using them. Most of the shows were very entertaining.

In Roatan we used Christopher tours for a snorkeling and island private tour. Dario was our guide and he was great. He was very knowledgible and quite entertaining. He picked us up just outside Carnivals private area and drove us to Eden. This is a wildlife sanctuary and butterfly farm. My wife and I got to hold spider monkeys and a baby howler monkey named Hana. Afterwards he drove us to our snorkel guide. He took us by boat to a couple of great snorkeling sights and used my wifes camera to take pictures of a hidden lobster. There was a lot of great scenery as we cruised the coastline. He dropped us off at a pier on West beach. We met Dario there and decided to hang out at a beachside bar and have Margaritas. When we were ready Dario continued our tour of Roatan and got us back in plenty of time.

Belize, our tour was canceled due to rain. We walked through the tourist village to a small local market. My wife purchased some fantastic jewlrey at unbelivable prices while I had a couple of Belkin beers at an open air bar next door. In Cozumel did more shopping at the mercado and then snorkeled and ate at the Money Bar. Overall a great trip.

Publication Date: 10/21/13