Carnival Magic Cruise Review by hubb56

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Magical Cruise and Best Port _Roatan

Just returned from our Sept 29th cruise on the Carnival Magic. It was an amazing cruise. The crew and fellow passengers are all so friendly. This is my second Carnival cruise and I found it to be the same on both cruises. You didn't meet a stranger. The food was great. I really enjoyed the entertainment. There is something for everyone.

Belize- I made a mistake and didn't schedule an excursion. Belize is only for excursions. I walked into the town ALONE and it was fine, I was nervous at first because of everything I read but the people were very nice. I went to the flea mart across the street. It was small but I think the cruisers have been discouraged from leaving the secured area. I found the vendors very kind and not pushy as in Jamacia and Mexico.I took my drivers license and sea pass with me and had no problem getting back in the secured area and ship. The town really did not have much to offer. When I go back. I will go to the flea market and then do excursions. Downtown was a real disappointment.

I am really going to focus on the Port of Roatan. I was so unsure of what to do and some of the ship excursions were pretty costly. I read a few reviews on here about VICTOR BODDEN TOURS. Let me just say. DO IT without any hesitation. It was amazing. My husband and I did the private tour, 40.00/person. We took a taxi to the top of the hill for 2.00/person. (Victor worked out with taxi for price) to avoid the long walk up the hill. You just tell taxi you are doing the Victor Bodden Tour. Be careful because there are vendors by the taxis that will say they are the Bodden tours BUT they are not. Victor will explain it in his email to you. We had no problems. We had Rick as our guide and if I could encourage all of you to do one thing REQUEST RICK. He was amazing. Rick took us everywhere, showed us the entire island, shopping, and then to the beach. Rick went in the shopping stores with us and we got better prices. He helped carry stuff for us. Rick was like one of our family members. We had so much fun with him. . You don't pay ahead for your tour, in fact you don't pay until you get to Victors home where you tour his beautiful gardens, exoctic birds, monkeys, and you play with the monkeys. You personally meet Victor. He has more to offer on this tour like a zipline and other stuff to do.  This is a very safe tour. You tell the guide when you want to go back on the ship. You have nothing to worry about when takiing this tour. In fact we left our purchases in Ricks vehicle and he locked it when we were at the beach. We asked Rick about a good place for lunch. WOW Rick took us to a place called "The Sunset Grill" on Half Moon Bay on the West End. It was amazing. It is a young family that managed the restaurant and the food was wonderful. Food and drinks for 3 of us was 33.00. Very clean and the owners made you feel like they knew you forever. You can enjoy eating at seaside. It was beautiful. Also this is a free beach area that was nice. You don't have to pay to be on this beach. One guy from our ship snorkeled here and said it looked like the Discovery Channel.It won't be the big fancy beach that they advertise but you pay for everything at those beaches. There is shopping at this beach area (Half Moon Bay). I know this is long about Roatan and Victor Bodden tours but I was nervous about doing this tour and I searched and search for more information before I left. I hope this will help a fellow cruiser to enjoy Roatan the way we did.

Cozumel- I have been here so many times as I am sure most of you. One thing is I use to buy antibiotics here and that is no longer. For all us cruisers that use to be able save a little money on antibiotics when we got back home. Well don't plan on getting them in Mexico unless you have a prescription.You can buy them in Belize however, I didn't know that until it was too late.

Galveston- embark and disembark- THE BEST THERE IS....I don't know what it is but they have it together in Texas. All port of calls need to take lessons from Galveston. It is amazing.

All in all it was a great cruise. I meet so many nice people. I live in Iowa but wish I lived in Texas. lol Those Texans are some great people....Never meet a stranger and make you feel so welcome in any conversation.

Publication Date: 10/11/13